Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

I posted a photo taken from his daughter’s FB page (obviously set up on her behalf). Is that kosher?

Daughter has a fb page?

I’ll send you the link by private message

I see the picture, its from my brothers FB page.
Did you say she has a FB account?

Why would he hide , is there any history of him going ‘missing’ before?
Was he really a loner?

There’s mountains in Taiwan but you still need ID to get shit done, medical checks, most jobs, rentals etc, it’s not wilderness really.

Up in the mountains sounds bullshitty.

Earlier he got in a car with a bunch of people now he is in the mountains ?

No about the going missing and was never really a loner, always the life of the party. But 12 years in Taiwan and marriage may have changed him. Plus he was isolated from the western world. Seems like his whole life was his daughter, wife and her family.
I say 12 years 2004-2016

3 Likes

Cars have been known to drive to the mountains. These are fragmentary pieces of information, there’s no known timeline.

She said the last she saw of him was getting into a car with a bunch of guys when his scooter broke down right after he went to have some ‘talk’ with her.
Davebro can explain.

She certainly sounds like a “person of interest”.

Where Daves moped broke down there were cameras I think CCTV cameras. The wife had them looked at and said a car came by and 4 guys got out and 5 got in.
After that incident she spoke to my wife and said he is probably in the mountains.

Well it looks like need to get a copy of that and the number plate and investigation started.

I agree and assumed that was all taken care of by the wife. Was told she hired helicopters and search teams to look for him. I found that a little odd because I can’t do that stuff in Canada but foreign affairs said it was possible in Taiwan.

1 Like

Sounds like bullshit. Very rare unless he was reported missing on a hike though the mountains for some reason. Even then would be newsworthy that a foreigner went missing.

2 Likes

Media would have been notified for sure. You don’t launch a search like that without publicizing it.

1 Like

If you can get any of these claims in writing (e.g. helicopter search and search teams ) it could help to determine if she is telling outright lies or not.

Try and get her to confirm she did or didn’t do these things.

1 Like

I’m just relaying what was said to me. I have no idea what can and cannot be done in Taiwan, I didn’t buy the story myself…hence you know why I do not trust them.

Its 1:15 in the morning here guys, I gotta get up in 3 hours. I will check back here later today. Thanks

Is he a hiker?

No

But could do camping stuff. Liked outdoors and scuba diving.