Missionaries in Taiwan, how do you treat them?

I really like them! I ask them so many questions…usually about their day, how much money they get to live on…where they live…if they have spare cash to say, go to see a movie. These guys have to pay to do this…sometimes I find this place pretty tough…but at least I get goood money and I can buy whatever I want and that makes up for it. These guys are doing something I would never do…I’m kindof sad that I don’t have that kind of passion for anything.

Watch call-girls with a cellphone? :s

Watch call-girls with a cellphone? :s[/quote]

I gotta get one of them new phones…

The missionary position is my favorite.

For me it depends on their looking, age and gender. If the missionary is handsome, nice and male I try to invite him for some nice coffee at my home so that we can have further religious discussion. For she-missionary, or old grandpas, I usually postpone our talking for another day since I am usually very busy.
It is not what you ministry that is essencial, the presentation is important. Therefore Dalai Lama is not exactly the kind of guy that I would invite to my home.

Hmm…youtube has removed the Jon Safran videos.

Anyway, they were from his Jon Safran vs God TV series. One featured him pitching an action movie about BMX-riding, stunt performing Mormons and how one elder had a passion for BMX and thought he could make a difference in rough neighbourhoods and was viewed as a maverick (but with a predictable plot arc). It was presented to this bunch of really enthusiastic and polite Mormon movie execs who declined his proposal.

The other was of him and someone else (dressed similarly to Mormons, including wearing name tags) preaching atheism and asking to talk about Charles Darwin in Utah. They got a pretty chilly reception, so that kind of answers the question about missionaries to Utah.

Yes, he really needs to improve his marketing. He’s well overdue for rebranding.

[quote=“GuyInTaiwan”]Hmm…youtube has removed the Jon Safran videos.

Anyway, they were from his Jon Safran vs God TV series. One featured him pitching an action movie about BMX-riding, stunt performing Mormons and how one elder had a passion for BMX and thought he could make a difference in rough neighbourhoods and was viewed as a maverick (but with a predictable plot arc). It was presented to this bunch of really enthusiastic and polite Mormon movie execs who declined his proposal.

The other was of him and someone else (dressed similarly to Mormons, including wearing name tags) preaching atheism and asking to talk about Charles Darwin in Utah. They got a pretty chilly reception, so that kind of answers the question about missionaries to Utah.[/quote]

Jon Safran is an Australian media legend. Those particular clips were hysterical. Stupid Youtube.

I treat missionaries to a bowl of ice-cream or a glass of iced tea when the weather’s hot.

[quote=“Buttercup”]

I don’t know. I just can’t think of many less interesting conversation topics, without going into the food forum. Why pick the most obvious part of someone to talk about? I already know what they think about Jeezuz and why, so why not treat 'em like a people and find out something else?

Also, I don’t know many Amerikuns. I want to know the important stuff, not blah that an eight year old has heard before. Are they really like Britney and Madonna and Oprah and stuff? Is Gossip Girl true to life? Why are fields in Ameriker bigger than in England: is there a ratio? Do they really have horse skellingtons in the desert? Why do Amerikun policemen like donuts? Why do Amerikun girls want to do cheerleading? Why didn’t they make the repro Eiffel tower in Las Vegas smaller than the original? Y’know, stuff.

Evangelising is stupid, but they don’t know that. And since when has telling anyone they’re stupid who did not believe themselves to be so worked out well for you?[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong. It seems to come in conversation pretty often when I talk to these guys, or in the one case girls. It wouldn’t be me starting it I promise you, it’s not a typical topic of conversation for me. I don’t see any reason why I should keep my own beliefs secret though if the topic is religion. I might out of politeness at times, in south-east asia or somewhere, with the elderly etc. but these are my own countrymen or women, plus they are evangelizing themselves. From my end it wouldn’t involve any pushing, and certainly not telling anyone they’re stupid.

Plus I don’t need to know why cops eat donuts. I would like to know what a skellington is though lol.

Yes, he really needs to improve his marketing. He’s well overdue for rebranding.
[/quote]

You’d rather have a pretty Yank on a bicycle in your living room than the spiritual leader of a nation, a person believed to be a living god and an incarnation of Avolokitesvara (spellcheck exploded, whatEV)? Do you not get laid much?

Hmm. :cactus:

PRC has a younger, sexier alternative. Hotkiss might want to look into that.

Safran on door to door atheists: break.com/tags/safran

Dalai Lama will never convince me about the possuibility of reachinhg any nirvana with his actual appearance, even if he helps me chant day and night. If he gets some assistant that could resemble the young and bald David Carradine in the old TV serie, I may give a try.

Gold. Miriam and Shoshannah the hardcore Jewish chicks were pretty good too.

You might prefer the younger and sexier panchen lama topnews.in/beijings-panchen- … ty-2139846

Safran on extreme mormons: vodpod.com/watch/49573-extreme-m … pod=anubys

Safran on mormon’s secret sacred underwear: vodpod.com/watch/49572-john-safr … -underwear

You might prefer the younger and sexier panchen lama topnews.in/beijings-panchen- … ty-2139846

Safran on mormon’s secret sacred underwear: vodpod.com/watch/49572-john-safr … -underwear[/quote]

Nope, he doesn’t seem very promising, besides he is only 19, a teenager. How is a teenager who is still trying to find himself, going to lead people in the spiritual realm ?
Couldn’t they select someone older, a little over 30 and looking like Vin Diesel?

Sorry, I thought you were talking about sex, not enlightenment. My bad. Check out the mormon underwear. It’s designed to prevent self-touching.

Generally, I politely dismiss them. If they do get me talking, however, I usually ask them a few questions about the New Testament: who wrote the gospels and when? In what language? What about the non-canonical gospels etc etc.

In other words: I try to give them fairly simple questions they may not be able to answer.

[quote=“Thelonlieste”]Generally, I politely dismiss them. If they do get me talking, however, I usually ask them a few questions about the New Testament: who wrote the gospels and when? In what language? What about the non-canonical gospels etc etc.

In other words: I try to give them fairly simple questions they may not be able to answer.[/quote]

Why? That’s rude.

Mr. Charlie P, how do you know about the Mormon underwear? Have you tried something unbecoming on one of them? Does the underwear has a padlock and a keyhole?

Safran on mormon’s secret sacred underwear: vodpod.com/watch/49572-john-safr … -underwear[/quote]

You are a legend! Champagne comedy.