Mister Donut

Another thing I noticed about Mister Donut: They limit sales to TEN donuts.

How the hell are people supposed to buy them by the dozen (the traditional, standard quantity for donut sales) if they limit sales to ten per person?

They didnā€™t have that when I went to Tianmu. Iā€™m sure it keeps the lines shorter. In Tianmu people were getting 50-60 (or more Iā€™m sure) donuts. I think I got 14 (and ate 4).

I think its a Taiwan thing -

eggs - 10 to a plastic package, not 12
Taiwan kilo - 600 grams, not 1000 grams
Taiwan beer - 600 ml, not 1000 ml

I think there a re probably more examples of this.

Mister Donut, you suck! :raspberry:

I canā€™t eat Mister Donut or Krispy Creme for a long time. Too sugary. I really do like Dunkin Donuts. damn. Itā€™s been so long.

The most stupid thing to do is ā€¦? Lining up for 2 hours to buy donuts duhā€¦

It looks like the lines in Tianmu are getting shorter. Maybe only one hour. Still too long for me though.

Often thereā€™s a short line at New York, New York, and Breeze. Of course, this just coincides with them cutting back on the frosting, adding red bean and curry donuts to the line, and otherwise modifying the product to compete with the stall down the street.

A secretary brought two boxes of Mister Donuts to the office today, a crowd immediately gathered round, bouncing on their toes, giggling and hyperventilating, grabbing for donuts, and blathering on as if theyā€™d just had sex for the first time. I had two donuts. Pure hype. Theyā€™re just donuts. If there were 10 people in line I wouldnā€™t wait for them.

I saw this afternoon that one is opening in the new underground mall expansion in front of the train station.

Happy Doughnut Day!

The closest Krispy Kreme to Taipei is in Seoul, Korea. Maybe itā€™s worth a fight out to Seoul!

passed by the Mr. Donut in Tian Mou at 8 pm - they were closed with a sign ā€œclosed for renovationā€ - After 1 year of operation :loco:

My wild guess is that the rental contract runs out and the landlord is increasing the rent times 3 :notworthy: so that even mighty President Enterprise is having second thoughts.

Went to Breeze two days ago and imagine this: there was no queue at lunch time!

Donuts lost its luster in Taiwan, I would say.

They will be out of here again soon. too bad.

Not so fast.

According to TV, about 30 local doughnut stores went out of business over the past 2 months, so for the local imitators it looks like the end is near alright.
But when I passed the Mr Donut at New York New York last Wednesday close to 9 pm, the line was still stretching out the door!

Itā€™s too bad it has to be a choice between four-hour lines and going out of business. Surely thereā€™s some middle ground in there?

You just donā€™t understand Taiwanese business :laughing:

oooops - maybe they just closed early the other day: :blush: when I passed by yesterday afternoon, it was biz as usual at Mister Donuts in Tian Mou, that is: probably 20 people standing in line ā€¦

Yeah ā€¦ there is:

Unfortunately, Iā€™m a bit too far away to walk to any of the 4,400 stores in the U.S. or even those in the Philippines, Indonesia, South Korea, and Thailand. I really donā€™t get it. If Mister Donut can generate lines of customers like that, Dunkin Donuts should have people stretched halfway across Taipei. All hope isnā€™t lost, though, as Taiwan is listed on their International Franchise webpage as a place that is currently of interest to them.