Mitch McConnell goes against his own made up rule

8 Likes

Hypocrisy, thy name is Republican.

10 Likes

Disgusting, but I’ve come to expect nothing less. Didn’t even wait for the body to be cold.

8 Likes

I thought they’d at least give it a day. Hopefully Romney, Collins, Murkowski feel the pressure to stick to their word.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Did you guys miss the Trump impeachment? Did you honestly not think he’d do exactly this? Did you ever think the RNC would not seek to superimpose their nuts on the system?

3 Likes

Why do you guys lie about these things?

1. It’s called “the Biden Rule” because Joe Biden made it up.
  2. The rule has TWO parts not just ONE.
  3. The rule is that when the president is a lame duck AND the Senate is controlled by a DIFFERENT party, then the Senate is going to be a bunch of dicks and block nominees.
  4. Notice the “AND”? Do you people even speak English?
  5. The Senate is controlled by Republicans and President Trump is a Republican, therefore the Biden Rule doesn’t apply in any case.
3 Likes

Sickening hypocrisy. No comparison between these two parties. There is a party who upholds our democratic institutions and norms, and a cynical, hypocritical, undemocratic party who tramples on the Constitution for power.

Whatever happens in the next six weeks, the choice is clear in November.

R.I.P. to the Notorious R.B.G.

Hits home for me as I have a personal family connection to her. Fingers crossed that justice will prevail here and Moscow Mitch will not have a path to replacing her.

7 Likes

Does Trump go for a nominee to help him steal the election, or does McConnell throw a lifeline to Sue Collins to help her say “We don’t know who the nominee is, I would never vote for someone who says in front of the Senate they will oppose Roe v Wade”. never mind they have previously said exactly that and just say at the hearing “I can’t comment on specific cases; I respect stare decisis” before ripping it up?

Also, remember when judicial confirmations required a 60-vote supermajority to get heard on the floor? Who was it who ended that because he didn’t want to deal with the other party’s complaints . . . hmm . . . rhymes with Hairy Read . . . which party was that guy in? Oh yeah.

@okonomiyaki I agree, the Democrats should call themselves the Undemocrats from now on, or perhaps even the UNDemocrats to clarify even further their ties to the globalists.

3 Likes

@MikeN1 I am glad you are letting everyone know that the Democrats respect the Dred Scott decision, as well as the Slaughterhouse Cases and of course Plessy v. Ferguson. After all, the Democrats are the ones who created the situations those cases were all about.

3 Likes

“The corridors of power may be wallpapered with legal documents and articles, but they can be torn down at any time”

Really should be etched on McConnell’s tombstone when he passes. He is quite similar to the CCP in this regard.

3 Likes

16 posts were split to a new topic: Off Topic from Mitch Mcconnell

It’s not hypocrisy… it’s playing the cards dealt. You know full well the Dems would have pushed through a nominee if they could have. Your argument is ridiculous.

6 Likes

BLM trashes the US, now liberals are concerned and wonder why Mitch is a hypocrite. Yah…sure.

2 Likes

I am guessing after loads of riots in the US by BLM activists, this hasn’t exactly endeared themselves to the American political right. My impression is Americans are more divided than ever. Why wouldn’t Mitch be unprincipled in this moment. He’s a politician…I would only be surprised if he actually didn’t want a nomination.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic from Mitch Mcconnell

Once upon a time, there was no “conservative” and “liberal” justices distinction.

Once upon a time, justices were appointed based on their experience and record of NEUTRALITY.

請問一下,Is that what you see on the Supreme Court? I see a court divided and a political party that believes in overturning decades-old precedent. Are we all equal before the law?

2 Likes

I’m not a new user, @DrewC. You can look up my old posts under “OliviaLin”. For whatever reason, even though I know exactly what my old password was, your precious new Discourse board won’t let me log in with it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic from Mitch Mcconnell