Mitch McConnell goes against his own made up rule

“Your”?? Do you think I run Discourse? :joy:

And it’s funny you immediately knew I was talking about you even though I never mentioned you. If the shoe fits…

Here’s Mitch McConnell warning Hairy Read not to change the judicial confirmation rules because the Democrats will come to regret it if Hairy does it:

Gee, what if Hairy Read hadn’t abandoned almost a century of Senate tradition and practice? Are you Undemocrats regretting it yet?

Would you perhaps also enjoy the Republicans going ahead with some of the other things you’ve been threatening to do – end the filibuster rule in general and add more seats to the Supreme Court? We can do that too. We can make every decision a 24-3 vote against you. We can allow Supreme Court “three judge panels” to review every single lower court decision, then do a full-Court final judgment against you if the panel doesn’t go our way, just like the 9th Circus does all the time nowadays.

While we’re at it we can split the 9th Circus so that it only rules over California and Hawaii until they sink below the waves, with a new circuit bringing sanity back to the rest of the Western states.

Just let us know what you want to do. *smiles sweetly*

2 Likes

@DrewC No, I figured that you were talking about me because I had to create a new account to post, and gee, obvious conclusion is obvious (to anyone with multiple brain cells, anyway, maybe not so much to others).

If you want to pretend the Russians care deeply about what a handful of expats on a forum for expats living on a tiny little island that’s going to be overrun by China in a few years unless Trump sells nuclear weapons to the island’s leadership think, then you do you. Meanwhile I’ll support the guy who actually seems to give a shit about where I live.

Where in my profile should I set my pronouns? They’re “beep/boop/bop”.

How small you are. These people (wether its harry reid or McConnell) are eroding the foundations of our republic and you want to smile? Its not some magic power they (yeah they not you, you are not part of their club I’m afraid) have. Democrats, when they held more power, could do those things as well. Its just no one, neither Democrats nor Republicans, wanted to do those things until now because they wanted to preserve our democracy.

2 Likes

No idea how Dems think they can get away with Kavanaugh, Covington, impeachment, russia, and the actions of their state and local governments this summer only to point a finger at the GOP as some kind of bad actors now.

Not even bringing up their media, which have openly accused Trump of treason, corruption, idiocy, and fascism. Context does matter, though.

Democrats, get your shit together and your house in order asap. Maybe then US voters, assuming they accept the humble apologies you should issue forthwith, will be on your side.

Until then, I’m afraid all the harrumphing this hour about GOP hypocrisy is way too much like the boy who cried wolf.

6 Likes

I hope you become more informed before you call people liars.

The Republicans under Mcconnell said they would do everything in their power to block Obama from doing anything. They had no choice but to use the nuclear option temporarily… But they would never use it for supreme court nominees.

Here’s a speech from Obama

“It’s no secret that the American people have probably never been more frustrated with Washington, and one of the reasons why that is, is that over the past five years, we’ve seen an unprecedented pattern of obstruction in Congress that’s prevented too much of the American people’s business from getting done,” Obama said. “Today’s pattern of obstruction just isn’t normal. We can’t allow it to become normal.”

Obama also cited the filibuster of a gun control bill earlier this year, although Thursday’s rule change would preserve the filibuster for Supreme Court picks and legislation."

3 Likes

I suppose a dated Willy Wonka meme and pushing the ‘ignore’ button is one possible response to getting called out on your sock-puppetry. I look forward to calling out your next 10 accounts for the same old bullshit.

1 Like

Not sure what you’re referring to.

He is. Re read his arguments 4 years ago

3 Likes

I mean, did Democrats not know that Ginsburg was ailing this summer as they burnt shit down, beat and killed other Americans?

Did Democrat DAs and mayors not realize that failing to enforce disturbing the peace laws so that BLM could harrass suburban voters in the dead of night - that all the bullshit of this summer was not being counted up and measured by the GOP - did Democrats not realize that it could all come back to bite them in the ass if Ginsburg died and SCOTUS opened up?

I wish I could say Dems have the stomach, the intestinal fortitude to reap what they’ve sown, or to apologize to America for their actions of the past four years and beg for forgiveness.

2 Likes

Who was doing that? Joe and Nancy we’re on the streets? Please send me some links to that…

Fun fact… Biden is way up among suburban voters. Next

You mean minorites asking to be treated fairly by the police? That BS?

What should they apologize for? Everything bad that happened under the Trump administration?
Should they also apologize for the covid-19 deaths?

4 Likes

Things were great before Covid-19. Not sure what control the president had over that. He isn’t God.

Asking is different from rioting, looting and interfering with public business.

1 Like

And yet, no other country even approaches the US’s infection/fatality rate, so there were obviously things he could have done sooner, like admit the scope of the problem so PPE, hospitals and contact tracing services were better prepared instead of “playing it down” as a Democrat hoax. Even today he still doesn’t encourage Americans to wear masks when they go out; a simple action that has been shown to prevent infection rates up to 95%.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/bob-woodward-rage-book-trump-coronavirus/index.html

4 Likes

Judging by what’s going on there, it seems like a rational conclusion.

4 Likes

Hopefully the Democrat party fractures completely, regroups soon, and we Americans can move on from what would indeed seem to be their mass stupidity.

There is zero evidence available to conclude the US would not still have the highest rate of infection or mortality. This is an empty accusation.

At least Trump ended flights from China, and he did that in the face of Democrat accusations of racism for doing so.

I think domestic politics, especially impeachment, likely played a far bigger role in early missteps by Trump than anything else.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic from Mitch Mcconnell

Ok, then I guess maybe your info is better than mine.

I use a laptop exclusively, and the blocking works very well - as long as I remember to save, that is. :smile:

You are the real piece of work, what’s your original account here ?

4 Likes

I love you, too.

1 Like