MLB 2010 Season

I think there’s a good chance Mauer will stay in Minnesota on :ponder: a 7-year, 165 million-dollar deal. :smiley:

Shapiro, his agent, is famous for keeping stars at home (Cal Ripkin, Kirby Puckett, Brooks Robinson, Jim Palmer and Eddie Murray).

And Mauer is a hometown hero who has said that he doesn’t expect to be the highest paid player in baseball.

I say there’s a 64 percent chance that he signs with the Twins, a 19 percent chance that he signs with Boston, a 9 percent chance that he signs with the Yanks, a 7 percent chance that he signs with another club, and a 1 percent chance that he suffers a career-ending injury while playing this season out in hopes of free agency.

Maoman has always claimed that the highlight of his honeymoon in Bali was when he met a guy that looked “Just Like Johan Santana!”

Ooooh, I like the cut of your jib! :ponder:

So, now there are two yankee fans, and two of us who hope their team bus gets hit by a train and a plane simultaneously.

How about the rest of you fence sitters?

jimipresley is a Minnesota backer. He likes the way a superstar like Joe Mauer can spend a minute in the middle of the game with his hand down the front of his pants rearranging his junk in front of 30,000 adoring people.[/quote]

I am with the I hope their plane crashes into the side of the mountain side on the Yankees divide. They truly are the Evil Empire. GO RED SOX!!!

I am NOT one of them. I am a New Hampshire native and was a long-suffering Red Sox fan prior to the 2004 World Series victory. Say what you want about the Red Sox, but we stuck with our team for a long time and we DESERVED the joy of a World Series champion.

[quote=“mimicupcake”]Opening game in Fenway is against Yankees. can you guys believe it?
Would you spend $300 for 1 ticket for Yanks vs Redsox?! Thats crazy.

When I went to Fenway games in 02 season, it was soooo easy/cheap to get the tickets because no one wanted to see the games. After Redsox broke the curse, everyone wants to see the game now. Its not easy to get a “fair” face-value of tix. :raspberry:[/quote]

I would pay that in a HEARTBEAT!!!

Yes. I heard of my Taiwanese friends in DC already go crazy on tickets on Washington and I believe we def. can watch Wang’s games on TV in TW but not lots of of NL games.

[quote=“ludahai”][quote=“mimicupcake”]Opening game in Fenway is against Yankees. can you guys believe it?
Would you spend $300 for 1 ticket for Yanks vs Redsox?! Thats crazy.

When I went to Fenway games in 02 season, it was soooo easy/cheap to get the tickets because no one wanted to see the games. After Redsox broke the curse, everyone wants to see the game now. Its not easy to get a “fair” face-value of tix. :raspberry:[/quote]

I would pay that in a HEARTBEAT!!![/quote]

I can watch the game for you if you dont mind! he he

[quote=“mimicupcake”][quote=“zender”]
I wonder if we’ll see a lot of people in Taiwan following Wang as he toils with Washington. And I wonder if they’ll be showing a lot of Nationals games. :neutral:
[/quote]

Yes. I heard of my Taiwanese friends in DC already go crazy on tickets on Washington and I believe we def. can watch Wang’s games on TV in TW but not lots of of NL games.[/quote]

There was a commercial for Wang played during the yankees/tampa bay game yesterday morning.

I am NOT one of them. I am a New Hampshire native and was a long-suffering Red Sox fan prior to the 2004 World Series victory. Say what you want about the Red Sox, but we stuck with our team for a long time and we DESERVED the joy of a World Series champion.[/quote]
I’ve got some good friends who are die-hard BoSox fans too, they were long suffering before winning it all in 2004. A lot of the so-called fans did not deserve it though and simply jumped on the bandwagon for both recent Boston WS wins.

To be fair though, that seems to happen with most franchises with championship winning seasons, the fairweather fans come out of the woodwork to leech off the good times that really should go to those that show up supporting their team through thick and thin, bountiful and lean years. It happened with my Jays winning back-to-back titles in the 90’s too, but not quite to the extent we’ve seen with the Red Sox, Evil Empire II. :smiley:

Interesting story here. I can only hope it one day comes to pass. Jays to AL Central please!

Selig: Realignment will be considered

[quote]PHOENIX – Baseball commissioner Bud Selig admitted Saturday that he has put his ideas for realignment on paper, but that’s as far as it has gone thus far.

“When I am on long airport rides I will fiddle around with divisions and things,” Selig said at Maryvale Baseball Park during a spring training game between the Kansas City Royals and Milwaukee Brewers. “The one thing about it: you come up with 100 different [scenarios].”

There have been reports in recent weeks that one of the subjects the 14-person special committee Selig designated four months ago was the idea of “floating realignment” in which teams would not be fixed to a division, but free to change divisions from year to year based on geography, payroll and their plans to contend or not.[/quote]

I’m not so sure I like the “floating realignment” idea, but for starters it’s time to get one NL team moved over to the AL West to balance out the conferences.

Yes, they always claim it’s impossible to have uneven numbers of teams in the two leagues, but with interleague play, they should be able to put one NL Central team (I vote for Houston) in the American League West.

We don’t need to have all interleague play at the same time, and I’m sure a good computer program could spit out a schedule in less than 0.1 second.

Floating? That might be interesting. Wouldn’t it be funny if they put all the big spenders in one division and let them all fight it out? Without Roy H., I think the Twins could take the Blue Jays.

Logic says that areas determine divisions to cut down on travel. We don’t want Seattle playing Tampa 18 times a year.

So sign Joe Mauer already!

Strasburg is going to Double A; I say he dominates.
Moyer will probably be the Phillies 5th starter; I say he’s replaced after 10 games.

Irishstu thinks Tony Oliva is Irish, too. That’s why he always says, “Go Twins!”

[quote=“zender”]Strasburg is going to Double A; I say he dominates.
Moyer will probably be the Phillies 5th starter; I say he’s replaced after 10 games.[/quote]
Moyer is 48. Crazy. Yeah, someone else will be the Phillies 5th start by May for sure.

I don’t like the Nats sending Strasburg down. Brass says it’s so they don’t rush him, but there is serious money considerations as well. Makes them look cheap to the fans.

Exactly. They look like they’re going to try keep him for another year of eligibility by waiting for June to bring him up. Same as Longoria a couple of years ago.

I saw one projection recently (not CHONE) that expected him to be as good in his rookie year as Tom Seaver was at his PEAK!!! That’s crazy talk, but anyway, I want to see him going up against the Phils and other major league teams. Guess I’ll have to wait.

I think Moyer’s still “just” 47, but he’s no knuckleballer. I really hope he does well. Gives old guys hope.

Battery9 says Butch Wynegar is the most underrated backstop in baseball history.

Congrats zender, you got your Mauer!

Mauer, Twins agree to 8-year, $184M extension

[quote]The Twins’ hometown kid is staying anchored to home.

All-Star catcher Joe Mauer and Minnesota completed an eight-year, $184 million deal, a contract which will inevitably be hailed within baseball as an example that teams like the Twins do have a chance to keep their homegrown talent.

The deal, which includes a full no-trade clause, ranks in scope with only Alex Rodriguez’s 10-year, $275 million contract and Derek Jeter’s 10-year, $189 million contract.[/quote]

[quote=“k.k.”]Congrats zender, you got your Mauer!

Mauer, Twins agree to 8-year, $184M extension

[quote]The Twins’ hometown kid is staying anchored to home.

All-Star catcher Joe Mauer and Minnesota completed an eight-year, $184 million deal, a contract which will inevitably be hailed within baseball as an example that teams like the Twins do have a chance to keep their homegrown talent.

The deal, which includes a full no-trade clause, ranks in scope with only Alex Rodriguez’s 10-year, $275 million contract and Derek Jeter’s 10-year, $189 million contract.[/quote][/quote]

But what is it after taxes? :laughing:

:thumbsup: Joe Mauer :thumbsup: shouldn’t hafta pay no taxes! :fume:

He should be given 501C status and cherished as a National Treasure. :smiley:

Sing it with me folks!

Oh Happy Day!

Keep singin’! . . . Louder!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

So it’s an extra year and an extra 19 million. I’m happy. :discodance:

chicagobreakingsports.com/20 … -cubs.html

Anyways, here’s a brief list of our favorite freak Cubs injuries:

• Sammy Sosa’s sneeze puts him on the disabled list.

• Ryan Dempster breaks toe jumping over the dugout railing.

• Mike Remlinger injuries pinkie finger after it gets stuck between two recliners.

• Jose Cardenal’s eyelids get swollen shut during sleep, forcing him to miss game.

• Kyle Farnsworth wrenches knee kicking an electric fan.

• Mike Harkey injures knee turning a cartwheel on field.

• Steve Trout falls off an exercise bike.

• Wood slips in hot tub, hurts back.

• Farnsworth’s dog bites pitcher Donovan Osborne’s hand as he tries to pet him,

• Carlos Zambrano suffers elbow injury spending too much time on his computer.

• Felix Pie suffers a twisted testicle.

This is just Bizarre!!

:astonished:

:astonished:[/quote]

I cant understand it at all. :loco: Is that even possible?

:astonished:[/quote]

I cant understand it at all. :loco: Is that even possible?[/quote]
I don’t want to see the words “twisted” and “testicle” together again in this thread for the rest of the MLB season.

I think this is something we can all agree on. :pray:

And, yes, it can happen.

Is Milk Lowell going to be traded?

and it’s 3 days, 23 hrs, 57min to go!! :popcorn: