Mmmm, beer

As I sit here and drink all by myself, I look back and realize what an awesome four beers I just drank. I had a beer with my girlfriend but that was nothing compared to what was about to come my way. While we were out shopping at Carrefour I discovered NTD 100 six packs of some off brand beer. it was warm, but I just decided this would prevent me from drinking it immediately. On the ride home my mind hatched an ingenious plan based on existing resources at the house. My freezer would always be empty besides a plastic ice block from my cooler and an ice cube tray so I keep glasses inside. Nothing beats a cold beer, except for a cold beer in a frosty mug, So while I didn’t have cold beer to look forward to, I decided I didn’t need to wait too long.

I placed two beers on the ice cube tray. The leftmost beer I covered with the plastic ice block from my cooler. The second was covered with another beer. Two more beers were placed inside the freezer. I waited what seemed an eternity but I think was about five minutes, I pulled out the first beer and rotated all of the other beers to first, second, and third base respectively.

This brief time in the freezer coupled with a frosty mug was very satisfying. By the time I reached the fourth beer, the beer was fully chilled without aid of the mug. By the way, the reason four of the six beers went in the freezer is that is how many glasses were in the freezer, that and I thought I better not have more than that if I have a twelve hour day ahead of me, but mostly because of the glasses. I recommend this to anyone with an empty freezer.

I love this story, what brand beer was it ? do you have pictures ? I was just thinking how good beer is as I ordered a random brand of beer belgianstyle.com/mmguide/exa … Guillotine

I thought to myself wow, everyone should have a bar by them that serves 20-30 varities of belgian beers. Beer is truely a wonderfull thing, it’s too bad that most people choose to drink the swill that is coronoa/coors/taiwan beer.

Think less…drink more.

I don’t drink any more. But I don’t drink any less either.
:beer:

Hunter S. I thought you had died.

breeze department store has a nice selection of belgian and german beers, mostly ‘white’ (hoegaarden, erdinger, waisel’s…) but also various brands of ‘kriek’ and fruit beers. rt-markt sells a couple of decent beers, too. i usually get mine there because it’s actually pretty cheap.

i just quit drinking 4 minutes ago…

better crack open another one, i don’t want to lose my buzz…

ah, that was refreshing.

oh, and there is no such thing as a bad beer, or swill, in my opinion. if it says “beer” on the can/bottle, it’s beer, and it’s good enough for me. of course, i am willing to pay $us6 for a six pack of the good stuff than pay $us9 for a case of something not of my choosing. but if someone offers me a beer, i don’t ask, “what kind?”, i just say, “of course”.

my favorite: sierra nevada pale ale. also love the new belgium brewery portfolio, red hook, full sail, big rock, and the local stuff from missoula, montana: big sky ales, kettle house (they just came out with pint sized cans of ‘double haul ipa’). marvelous. and it was canned so we can take it on the river, or camping, etc.

i always try to buy my beer cold, but even then it’s not cold enough. i like it just before a layer of ice forms on top. so i like the freezer method too. sometimes when i’ve had a few i forget i put one on deck in the freezer. oops. it ruins the carbonation, so i just drink it fast after it thaws.

my friend is a brewer at big sky ales, and he says you should always drink beer from a glass because 75% of the taste comes from smell, and if you drink from a glass you get the smell and therefore the full taste. he should know, he got his masters in brewing from uc davis. cool guy. some guys like to talk about cars or sports, but i prefer to talk about beer. he always teaches me something new.

cold beer, what a great topic, ahh…so cold and crisp and flavorful.

it starts sweet and finishes bitter.

jm

JOHN MOSS -
A truly beautiful post…

i want a perfect body,

i want a perfect soul,

loving beer gives me only one of the two.

of course i like girls who have a butt i can really grab.

so maybe some girls like a gutt they can really grab.

maybe i do have a perfect soul and a perfect body.

thanks beer.

The inspirational beer was called Valor. It came in a green can, the only English on the can read Premium Quality Lager Beer.

Photo:
http://www.mondophoto.net/asia/china/hong-kong/jetvan/IMG_3636.jpg

It was ok, and NT 100 for a six pack at Carrefour.

i think i would have lots of valor after lots of valor.

bottoms up!

Oh my god, I love Sierra Nevada. Anywhere to get it in Taiwan? I love all pale ales. My favorite is called Hazed and Infused brewed in Boulder, CO by the Boulder Beer Company. Man, now I’m getting thirst for one right now and all I have in the fridge is Taiwan Beer (lager.) Oh well, it’ll have to do… :beer:

I didn’t know that about the glass. I guess that’s why beer always tastes better in a bar. Maybe I should run out and buy a beer mug to keep in the freezer.

The [color=green]Green Store[/color] here in Taoyuan (conveniently situated 2 streets from my house! :bravo:) sells one of my fav’s: Becks Pilsner at NT$19 a can! OK… it’s close to expiry-date stock, but what’s 6 months between buddies! :beer: So far I’ve been through about a case and a half… so little time, so much beer!
And how’s this for a great promo-shot! (move mouse over the thumbnail)

to jwbrunken,

check out the ‘food forum’. there was a post about sierra nevada in may. i added a comment to bring it up again in case you missed it, hope it brings some answers to where you can find snpa. oh, ps, there are some photos that 500cbfan posted for me of art i made on my house with bottle caps-(shameless self promotion);}

i did not see sn anywhere in taiwan, but then, if i had, i would have ripped up my return ticket and sent for my dogs.

frosty beverages for all my friends,

jm

[quote=“JOHN MOSS”]to jwbrunken,

check out the ‘food forum’. there was a post about sierra nevada in may. i added a comment to bring it up again in case you missed it, hope it brings some answers to where you can find snpa. oh, ps, there are some photos that 500cbfan posted for me of art i made on my house with bottle caps-(shameless self promotion);}

i did not see sn anywhere in taiwan, but then, if i had, i would have ripped up my return ticket and sent for my dogs.

frosty beverages for all my friends,

jm[/quote]

Thanks for the help. I checked out the thread on the food forum. Seems I’m SOL, unless osmething changes. I wrote a note to the company, I’ll post what I hear back. By the way, awesome mosaic.