Mobile unlimited data plan reviews?

Hello,

Couldn’t find a topic that comprehensively covered the data plans here in Taiwan. Just moved back and looking to a post-paid sim card for my iphone.

None of the networks really list out their speeds/caps/any details on their websites, so wondering if any of you guys knew? Or have any recommendations on which telecom/plan to go with for best coverage & speed for mainly Taipei?

Seems like post-paid plans are only 2-year contracts (at least this seems to be true at Taiwan Mobile according to the employee)? Is this true all around?

Thanks!

All carriers uses CHT’s internet backbone infrastructure. The rest is about coverage, and that really depends on the area. CHT in general has better coverage out of the cities. The speed is crappy compares to 4G in the US. There are a couple of ways to change APN and get unlimited wireless internet without actually getting the unlimited wireless plan.

Hi, am also looking for a data plan but as I understand, the mobile companies all want an upfront payment for the internet, depending on the contract duration, which has a minimum of 1 year… I am not sure if I am planning to stay here another year, but what are the other ways?

Hi people, just wanted to tell that I got a data plan from 全球一動 for only 5000 NT a year. their website is http://www.G1.com.tw

any tutorials on how to do this? :slight_smile:

New unlimited 5G plans are coming! Price seems fine, but how is the coverage for 5G in Taiwan?

Most phones don’t even support it yet. Also at $1399/m, given the fact that their fastest 4G is less than half the price, i’d say wait.

Definitely something only for first adopters.

Even my next phone won’t have 5G because the 5G chips are not good yet. They have higher energy consumption because they are not integrated. And in some countries the frequencies are not finalized yet. Meaning current 5G phones will not be able to use all 5G frequencies in some other countries.

Oh fun. Another 60 frequencies to make travelling a nightmare.

We’re at 4.5G at the moment. Fareastone is claiming that anyway.

Here a translated German article:

1 Like