Moderate muslim leader not allowed into US

Zaki Badawi, the founder of the Muslim College in London and the unofficial leader of the country’s Muslims, was refused entry at New York’s JFK airport when he arrived on Wednesday and, after hours of fruitless talks, returned to England.
On Sunday, standing alongside Christian and Jewish leaders Badawi condemned the London suicide bombings – carried out by three British men of Pakistani origin and one man of Jamaican origin – as “totally contrary to Islam”.

Does anyone have any more information on this? Why he was refused? If Bush has gotten off his stupid ass and appologized. Whether the descision was political or buerocratic, ect?
I find this to be a disgracefuly stupid move. I think it fuels a fire.

Could be this:

jewishworldreview.com/0705/karsh_7_7.php3

[quote]

Title:
[b]The London bombings had little to do with Iraq

Isn’t that the aim of most religions?

Isn’t that the aim of most religions?[/quote]

Read the whole article. It says basicaly Christianity gave up this desire in the 18th Century…or 1800s…I forget…and that Islam has , obviously, not.

Considerring the amount of Christians who have tried to “Save” me. And the couple times that I ran into asshole christians (not saying all Christians are assholes, but these were) who were WAITING OUTSIDE OF TEMPLE TO TALK TO US (jerks) about Jesus…
Yeah. I don’t think Christians have given up this aspiration.

OK. I’ve read the whole artical. I have to say that it surprises me that the Christian church has “given up” trying to spread the word, for two reasons.

1- If they really believe it, then they should be “spreading the word”.
2- As previously mentioned by FOB, there are lots of Christians trying to “spread the word” today.

I realise these two points contrdict each other.

Anyway, what I meant by my initial comment was that it’s normal for a religion to want to spread. After all, they reckon they are doing people a favour.

[quote=“irishstu”]OK. I’ve read the whole artical. I have to say that it surprises me that the Christian church has “given up” trying to spread the word, for two reasons.

2- As previously mentioned by FOB, there are lots of Christians trying to “spread the word” today.

I realise these two points contrdict each other.

Anyway, what I meant by my initial comment was that it’s normal for a religion to want to spread. After all, they reckon they are doing people a favour.[/quote]

Well, there are so many splinter groups in Christianity, that it would be hard to say all have stopped, the JW for one.

I’m thinking what the author means is that the word from the head office, being the Pope, and whoever leads the Protestant branch is that forcebly converting folks is not cool anymore.

I just think it is a shame that because 1 or 2% of a group or even less, is destructive, we condemn the whole group.
With that reasonong:

1. Let’s destroy all religions
  2. All Scientists
  3. All education systems
  4. Kill all white men
  5. Black men
  6. Yellow
  7. destroy all animals
    etc… etc… etc…
    What kind of thinking is that?

[quote=“SuchAFob”]Considerring the amount of Christians who have tried to “Save” me. And the couple times that I ran into asshole Christians (not saying all Christians are assholes, but these were) who were WAITING OUTSIDE OF TEMPLE TO TALK TO US (jerks) about Jesus…
Yeah. I don’t think Christians have given up this aspiration.[/quote]
Did they do physical harm to you? Did they bomb a mass transport system to “protect” their religion? Did they bomb your country’s embassies? Did they crash airplanes into buildings? Did their co-religionists do the above?

[quote=“irishstu”]OK. I’ve read the whole artical. I have to say that it surprises me that the Christian church has “given up” trying to spread the word, for two reasons.

2- As previously mentioned by FOB, there are lots of Christians trying to “spread the word” today. I realise these two points contrdict each other.

Anyway, what I meant by my initial comment was that it’s normal for a religion to want to spread. After all, they reckon they are doing people a favour.[/quote]
I have no problem with adherents to any religion who try to propogate their faith peacefully and without coercion. However, I get a bit uncomfortable when adherents to a religion aspire to convert everyone in the world, all while their co-religionists resort to violence in order to punish the infidel and “protect” their own faith. Keep in mind that Islam is hardly in danger. It is the fastest growing religion in the world.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Could be this:

[quote]

[quote=“igorveni”]I just think it is a shame that because 1 or 2% of a group or even less, is destructive, we condemn the whole group.
With that reasonong:

2. All Scientists
  3. All education systems
  4. Kill all white men
  5. Black men
  6. Yellow
  7. destroy all animals
    etc… etc… etc…
    What kind of thinking is that?[/quote]
    1.) What religions in modern times have spawned as many terrorists as Islam?
    2.) What scientists have intentionally done harm to others in the name of science or for all scientists?
    3.) What educator has intentionally done harm to students or others in the name of education or for all educators?
    4.) In the past 30 years, what white man has intentionally harmed non-whites and then not gone to jail and instead received support from large numbers of whites to the tune of “we need to understand the root causes of why Johnny KKK lynched those blacks.”
    5.) Same as 4 for black and yellow people.

If you can’t see the difference between Islamic terrorism and the groups listed above, then I’m afraid you’re blind.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Could be this:

[quote]

[quote=“Tetsuo”]
So what you’re saying is the reason is “because he’s a Muslim”? That is a f***ing terrible reason.[/quote]

No no no, I said I don’t know. And I also said, that this ideology COULD BE part of the reason. Did he say anything more inflamatory than this? Again, I don’t know.

Dude, must chill, ok? Read what I wrote, ok?

I too would like to know why he was denied entry.

Quotes and attributed statements ae clearly delineated by " quotation marks."

Statements in bold are for added emphasis.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“jdsmith”]Could be this:

[quote]

[quote=“Jive Turkey”][quote=“igorveni”]I just think it is a shame that because 1 or 2% of a group or even less, is destructive, we condemn the whole group.
With that reasonong:

2. All Scientists
  3. All education systems
  4. Kill all white men
  5. Black men
  6. Yellow
  7. destroy all animals
    etc… etc… etc…
    2.) What scientists have intentionally done harm to others in the name of science or for all scientists?
    3.) What educator has intentionally done harm to students or others in the name of education or for all educators?
    4.) In the past 30 years, what white man has intentionally harmed non-whites and then not gone to jail and instead received support from large numbers of whites to the tune of “we need to understand the root causes of why Johnny KKK lynched those blacks.”
    5.) Same as 4 for black and yellow people.

If you can’t see the difference between Islamic terrorism and the groups listed above, then I’m afraid you’re blind.[/quote]
Hmm, you care to reread my post?
I said:
“I just think it is a shame that because 1 or 2% of a group or even less, is destructive, we condemn the whole group.”
Now, if you understand that sentence and review my 5 points you will see that there are “intentionally” destructive people in each of these groups.

[quote=“Tetsuo”][quote=“jdsmith”]Could be this:

[quote]

Hang on there Johnny jump the gun…let’s find out why he was denied in the first place.

If it was a mistake, fine. Suck it up and apologize. But can we not automatically assume it was a mistake?

[quote=“igorveni”][quote=“Jive Turkey”][quote=“igorveni”]I just think it is a shame that because 1 or 2% of a group or even less, is destructive, we condemn the whole group.
With that reasonong:

2. All Scientists
  3. All education systems
  4. Kill all white men
  5. Black men
  6. Yellow
  7. destroy all animals
    etc… etc… etc…
    3.) What educator has intentionally done harm to students or others in the name of education or for all educators?4.) In the past 30 years, what white man has intentionally harmed non-whites and then not gone to jail and instead received support from large numbers of whites to the tune of "we need to understand the root causes of why Johnny KKK lynched those blacks."5.) Same as 4 for black and yellow people.

If you can’t see the difference between Islamic terrorism and the groups listed above, then I’m afraid you’re blind.[/quote]
I said:
“I just think it is a shame that because 1 or 2% of a group or even less, is destructive, we condemn the whole group.”
Now, if you understand that sentence and review my 5 points you will see that there are “intentionally” destructive people in each of these groups.[/quote]
Then blind you are.

[quote=“Jive Turkey”][quote=“igorveni”][quote=“Jive Turkey”][quote=“igorveni”]I just think it is a shame that because 1 or 2% of a group or even less, is destructive, we condemn the whole group.
With that reasonong:

2. All Scientists
  3. All education systems
  4. Kill all white men
  5. Black men
  6. Yellow
  7. destroy all animals
    etc… etc… etc…
    3.) What educator has intentionally done harm to students or others in the name of education or for all educators?4.) In the past 30 years, what white man has intentionally harmed non-whites and then not gone to jail and instead received support from large numbers of whites to the tune of "we need to understand the root causes of why Johnny KKK lynched those blacks."5.) Same as 4 for black and yellow people.

I said:
Now, if you understand that sentence and review my 5 points you will see that there are “intentionally” destructive people in each of these groups.[/quote]
Then blind you are.[/quote]
Who is talking about differences? I am not, I am pointing out a fact that you obviously refuse to look at let alone understand.
I didn’t know this thread was about terrorist and yet you keep pointing out “terroism”.