Mods with real names

I just got told to edit a post by some person with no name, but it does seem he/she/it is a mod, so I did what they/it told me. I think all mods should use their real full names. If somebody is going to censor me, I like to know their real world name. And I do not mean "oh I am–“Ted” or “Fred” or “Spanky” or like the locals do–“oh I am Chen”; I mean a full name.

Just a suggestion. Oh and on a sidenote would it be correct to assume that Forumosa is now following the GIO censorship rules. That is a good development too.

Brian L. Kennedy

But if anyone ever found out I’m Sandy Murray, then “THEY” might find me! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
But you’ll have to pry my middle name out of my cold dead fingers. I’ll never tell. NEVER!

[quote=“sandman”]But if anyone ever found out I’m Sandy Murray, then “THEY” might find me! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
But you’ll have to pry my middle name out of my cold dead fingers. I’ll never tell. NEVER![/quote]

Is it Haggis?

[quote=“Old Gobbo”][quote=“sandman”]But if anyone ever found out I’m Sandy Murray, then “THEY” might find me! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
But you’ll have to pry my middle name out of my cold dead fingers. I’ll never tell. NEVER![/quote]

Is it Haggis?[/quote]
It’s Rebecca. Doh! :homer:

Jock. I bet it’s Jock (or possibly Hamish).

I have never had a real name.

I don’t see why you would need a real name? If your post is off the rules and has been censored as a result, you need to know of course which mod did that, but I really don’t see why you’d need hi/her real name!

Well, it would be a good idea for the mod to post his or her station when asking someone to edit a post

jdsmith
IP comod

and I don’t understand this??

If we don’t know your real names, how can we track you down and kill you?

[quote=“jdsmith”]Well, it would be a good idea for the mod to post his or her station when asking someone to edit a post

jdsmith
IP comod

and I don’t understand this??

Look here:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=48740

thanks wookiee

Why would any of the mods,or indeed any Forumosan, use their real name, unless it was with someone one is familiar with? Just because you do? Not bloody likely! Lawyers will serve the human race better when they realize that most of us will NEVER think like they do! It’s not all about vengeance & defending your territory, don’cha ken?

And why do you want to know the mods’ real names? What purpose would this serve?

Respectfully,
Ignatius J. Reilly

Look, there are only 11 foreign lawyers on this island, at least those with work permits. (I found this out after Ironlady, I think that’s who, loaded the statistics on how many foreigners are on this island, from a government site.) It’s not hard to figure out who you people are with a little research. In Taipei it’s easier to be anonymous, but I’ve probably met about nearly all of the posters on here from Tainan and I’m pretty sure they’ve all met me, and we can all easily figure out who we each are.

But this is my real name.

I was born as Imani Octavia Underwood. Would it make you happier if I went by Imani O. Underwood?

:s

Oh, I thought it was because your name was Imani and you went to Ohio State University, OU. (I don’t know, does that college even exist? I know nothing about Ohio. But, there is an OU, that’s Oklahoma University.)

Ohio fuckin’ State?!?!?!?!?!

What nerve!

I went to the original Ohio University…not the former Ohio A&M (Ohio State’s former name). It might have been good enough for my little sister, but I prefer quality over quantity.

ohio.edu

The Ohio University, the first university chartered outside of the original 13 colonies in 1804.

[quote]I went back to ohio
But my city was gone
There was no train station
There was no downtown
South howard had disappeared
All my favorite places
My city had been pulled down
Reduced to parking spaces
A, o, way to go ohio

Well I went back to ohio
But my family was gone
I stood on the back porch
There was nobody home
I was stunned and amazed
My childhood memories
Slowly swirled past
Like the wind through the trees
A, o, oh way to go ohio

I went back to ohio
But my pretty countryside
Had been paved down the middle
By a government that had no pride
The farms of ohio
Had been replaced by shopping malls
And muzak filled the air
From seneca to cuyahoga falls
Said, a, o, oh way to go ohio[/quote]

Same goes, sadly, for most of the heartland…

That reminds me…Arkansas’ sister state is Minnesota. The first thing that Minnesota did when they became a state was open up a state university. The first thing that Arkansas did was start up a state prison. That says it all… (see, unlike Canadians, we Southerners have made self-deprecation a high art.*)

*This is a sly reference to another thread, just in case some newbie stumbles throway comment across this out of context.