MoI changed the ID Number format

Taichung?

L808080808

We still don’t know what 0-6 means.

0 would have to be Europe for that to happen.

I’d call the MP but he won’t know.

Know where to ask if the third digit 0-6 have any meaning for ARC?

Until January I don’t think there would be anyone accessible to ask.

Yes, we could reverse engineer it if enough people post the third digit of their new ARC and provide where they come from.

1 Like

Basically what we were saying from the beginning!

Surprise! Their first check is:
if the second character is 1 or 2 for Taiwan ID or A,B,C,D for ARC

https://www.ruten.com.tw/js/lib/rt_validation.min.js

t.uidFormatCheck = function(e, t) {
                    return e = e.toUpperCase(), $(t).val(e), /^[A-Z][12]\d{8}$/.test(e) || /^[A-Z][A-D]\d{8}$/.test(e)
                }

So the old ARC format works but not the new format! The new format will not work on many online pages until they bother to fix it! :doh:

@audreyt SOS

2 Likes

Its probably going to make things worse, at least for the first few years. If we are lucky, things will get back to how bad they already are now with letters by 2030.

1 Like

Can not Taiwans Digital Minister thrown in her 2 Cents ?
She is an active member here, right ?

She’s a member here yes, but not an active one. Cabinet posts are extremely time consuming.

1 Like

Here for a day.

2 Likes

Alright who got those two likes? :grin:

Guy

3 Likes

Obviously the best of us.

rocket & the_bear

5 Likes

Shit. I was betting on cake and welcome.

2 Likes

It was obviously @jimbob132

Please contact the e-commerce platform. If they would not change the code for some reason, please contact Ms. Wu from MoEA at: 02-23212200 ext. 8751.

Source: Frequently Asked QuestionsMOEA #7

25 Likes

Thank you!

We are planning to crowdsource services that are not validating new ID numbers and inform them about the upcoming change.
But might need help if they are ignoring us.

Please @audreyt help us increase consumer protections and make the implementations of equality mandatory with fines as punishment. We’re tired of being second class.

The lack of equality regulations unnecessarily cost us time and money, hurting our economic productivity. We WANT to contribute to and support Taiwan.

Companies and financial institutions are not going to change their ways if there are no teeth to the regulations.

7 Likes

I’m glad to help as needed. Note that regulations cannot impose fines — an Act is required to impose them. (c.f. Judicial Yuan Interpretation No. 619)

There is a Complaint and Mediation process in the Consumer Protection Act, which may be a good addition to the crowdsourcing platform.

18 Likes

I appreciate your help as always.

We appreciate your help. We hope a stronger Act can be passed by Parliament that brings stronger anti-discrimination protections for foreigners. Many of the systems, not just for ARC IDs are not adequate enough to protect against discrimination. We love Taiwan, I love Taiwan but we need a fairer environment to ensure Taiwan remains a stronger-than-ever country.

A big problem is that the Consumer Protections Act makes no mention of discrimination by age, race, sex, nationality, gender, sexual orientation and more and makes only two mentions of ‘equality’.

14 Likes