MoI changed the ID Number format

I assume the “voucher” part is a machine translation error for “certificate” or similar (the card is called an “Alien Citizen Digital Certificate”, but I always have a hard time remembering which order the middle two words go in and have to check…which I’m doing now).

But “natural person” is correct, as opposed to “legal person”, which includes humans and “things” (companies etc.) that can do the legal stuff humans are able to do like enter into contracts.

So don’t be…racist. :grin:

1 Like

FIFY

2 Likes

All I can say it congratulation Taiwan’s Govt IT team, MoI, etc etc etc. you’ve really outdone yourselves! If we had a prize for being so incompetent that you can screw up a badly designed system in the first place and take it to even higher levels of screw up, you’ll get the prize!

3 Likes

I got the same email, but I had complained to them too.
I wonder if all 250 people got that message.

THAT is their measures?!
No change on SOP, implementations of methods that would avoid this mistake to happen again, nothing? They count on us to not forward the e-mail on that’s it?
This must be a joke…

3 Likes

Sounds like SOP to me. :wink:

2 Likes

Chabuduo!
20200104_161319

5 Likes

I got the email too, interesting that it was in Chinese only given that the original was dual language.

2 Likes

Yeah I wondered about that. I just assumed they didn’t trust the job this time to the one guy who can write English but not bcc. :grin:

4 Likes

I just received an email from the Post Office telling me to troop along to register my new ID card number. Apparently, a new ID card number format has been introduced for foreigners starting 2 Jan. which will be in conformity with the one locals use. Some pros and cons I guess–we have all had problems using our ARC card number online I’m sure.

How did they get notified that your number changed I wonder? Since not all of us need to change the number right away.

Another excellent post on this site, https://translatingtaiwanlit.com/2021/01/11/newuinumber/ sounds like the experience lives up to expectations !

7 Likes

Why would the PO call you ? Do you have some account with them ?

I get the impression that the post office bank just sent out an e-mail to all customers advising them to update their ID number if they’d changed it, given that the commenter doesn’t seem to have heard about the new numbers prior to that e-mail.

1 Like

hmm, it was nothing like that with me… other than NIA officer asked for the passport which I carried with me and showed him, not to make any fuss about it. No question asked, no fiddling around.

1 Like

As per the blog post, you’re not required to provide a passport or copy of passport to apply to change to the new number.

From here.

1 Like

Woah databreach.

1 Like

I also received that mail, I thought it was spam or fraud.

Actually it just say this now that I have checked it

Dear Customer :

To establish a friendly environment for foreign nationals,Ministry of the interior National Immigration Agency Republic of China(Taiwan) will change the UI No. format for foreign nationals from the current code consisting of two English letters followed by eight digits to a new code consisting of one English letter followed by nine digits (hereafter referred to as “the new UI No.”), in conformity with the code used for citizens’ ID card numbers, from [January 2, 2021](calendar:T2:January 2, 2021).IF you have changed to the new UI No.,please carry your newly certificates bearing the new UI No., passbook, authorized seal and go to any post office to change your UI No. of account information(Branch-limited account or time deposit account or giro account,please go to the post office where the account was opened

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder to update your account information in case you get new ID number.
No obligation to get it.

I still don’t understand. Why do we need to goto the PO at all?

What are you not understanding? If somebody has a bank account at Chunghwa Post and gets the new ID number, they should go and update their information.

Q1. Do you have a bank account at Chunghwa Post?
No → This doesn’t affect you.
Yes → Proceed to Q2.

Q2. Have you got the new ID number yet?
No → This doesn’t affect you.
Yes → Proceed to Q3.

Q3. This isn’t a question. Go to the damn post office and update your information. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes