MoI changed the ID Number format

https://sayit.pdis.nat.gov.tw/speech/472654

4 Likes

All for your convenience by flipping the arguments :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Highway Police Traffic Offense Report has been updated and now accepts all forms of ID. Even if you don’t select “residence permit” and just type an ARC ID in the 身份證 box, it’ll let you submit. Hooray :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Have you submitted successfully?

I remember posting on this previously. They have a special dropdown box for resident cert, you need to upload a copy of your ARC in the same way other police departments implemented after many complaints.

The reason for the ID requirement was stated to be due to the large number of malicious cases being entered, local ID’s can be linked to hukou and real ID by the police, they state ARC numbers cannot hence the upload ARC scan requirement.

1 Like

I entered sufficient details to get through to the final step of the 3 step process. Since I don’t have an ARC, I can’t actually submit anything :slight_smile:

Post would seem a little premature so.

Form previously didn’t accept a new form ID, so something’s changed at least :slight_smile: Additional testing would be welcome, but having seen a lot of these forms I would be surprised if validation would fail after the initial data entry step.

1 Like

In the past you could enter any ID you liked, it would only fail when you hit submit.

Definitely, however they did provide what seems to be a reasonable reason for the extra step ARC holders have to go through. I think I’m happier that the ARC scan needs to be uploaded due to the people processing at the other end do not have access to all our data!

Unfortunately that was the case previously, still is with some county police sites which have not “updated” their systems.

1 Like

There is no benefit at all. I haven’t run into single situation/place/service that accepted new ID and didn’t accept old one. Actually just opposite…

4 Likes

A few questions:

Do you have to change your ID number? Is there a deadline for doing so? What happens if you just keep it the way it is?

Discussed multiple times above (probably - could be the other thread), but the timeline for the transition is about 10 years, and you don’t have to change unless you need to update your A(P)RC for another reason (in which case you have no choice).

Nothing happens if you just leave it as it is until then (except convenience).

3 Likes

If there was, the NIA website would mention it right ?

3 Likes

Great thanks

so what are some of the things that you need to get updated once you have your new ID number? there are probably a few things that I haven’t thought of, but here is a short list:

-driver’s license (if you have one)
-open work permit (if you have one)
-bank accounts
-national health insurance card
-your current employer
-title of ownership on vehicle
-bills/utilities/cell phone provider???

I’m sure there is more if you are married or have kids here as well, and probably other stuff too if you have investments or property. anything else important here that didn’t make the list?

5 Likes

At first I thought, whew, I can wait until the end of 2030 and hopefully everything will be figured out. Then I realized that my passport expires in 2026.

Then I also realized that I’ll probably end up moving to a new place even before 2026. Damn.

2 Likes

That 10-yr thing is nonsense since almost everyone will have some life event which will force the new ID.

1 Like

only two things “force” you to get a new ID. Change of address or new passport. it’s conceivable that some people recently got new passports before applying for their APRC and that they could stay at the same address for 10 years. but sooner or later, most people will have one of those things happen to them. I recently updated my address and BOOM, new ID number.

1 Like

5h920k

1 Like

Wrong. Many other events can: lost/ stolen/ damaged arc. Change of status on arc.