MoI changed the ID Number format

I updated it after “pay day” but what’s the big deal? just send it?

This one is even funnier than @FenjaJie’s story :rofl:

2 Likes

literally they told me, china trust blocked the money and sent it back.

1 Like

I guess they’re confused. Tends to happen a lot if something doesn’t go as expected. I’d insist on trying again. Tell them cash isn’t acceptable.

Edit: maybe wait a few days to make sure the new information made its way into the banking system.
Did you ask your bank why they blocked the payment? I would inquire about that too.

Insane.

Don’t worry. My day of reckoning will be upon me soon.

3 Likes

that’s why I’m confused at their confusion. They are going ballistic claiming my payment was sent back by china trust because of the ID number, china trust said the arc # doesn’t matter because they associate their own number to every client…

So I said ok…now its updated just send it now, NOPE. going absolutely off on me about how now they need to make 10 calls to somebody in Taipei to get payment. Not even joking about this. this is literally what they told me.

2 Likes

Maybe they employ an accountant to handle the payments. That’s what our company does too.
For the time being I’d give them the benefit of the doubt.
Keep us updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As promised my DMV story:

All you need to bring is your old licenses, one DL-sized photo and 200NTD per license.
Also not really funny story coz the peeps at the DMV knew what they were doing.

Me: “Hi, I’d like to update my driver’s licenses. I got a new ARC number.”
Her: “Of course. I just need [aforementioned items].”
I hand her everything and try to not look too bored.
After a few moments of pondering my existence in general and the possibilities of my lunch in particular she looks up from her monitor.
“How old are these photos?”
“I just took them outside in the photo booth.”
“You look cute.”
“Uhh, Thanks.”, I say while thinking if I should either take the duck meat salad or the one with Korean beef.
A few moments later my evaluation gets interrupted again:
“How tall are you?”
“Around 186cm.”
…maybe I should get some Vietnamese Summerolls…
“Wow that’s really tall.” I’m just 164cm"
“Guess that’s not too bad for Taiwanese standards.”
…if I cut back on the dinner, I could fit in a French baguette…
“I heard changing all your information is very troublesome, right?”
“It is indeed.”
…in fact I could go for some cold noodles in this weather…
“If you want we could meet some time and I can help you with the forms. They must be very complicated.”
“Hmm? Oh, I got everything sorted. This here is the last station.”
…and a cold oolong latte would be nice too…
“How about I give you my Line? You ca-”
She and my thoughts on whether I should get cold noodles or stick with the salad get interrupted by my phone ringing:
“Sorry, that’s my wife. One moment please.”
I return to her after finishing talking to my wife.
“I’m sorry but I didn’t get what you wanted to say earlier.”
“Oh, nothing. Your new licenses are ready. It was nice talking to you. Have a nice day!”
“Thank you! You too!”

12 Likes

needing to make 10 calls to an accountant to send me the money I worked for. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Updating the driver’s license and registration was the easiest by far!

5 Likes

Does anyone else want a @FenjaJie update for every place an ID needs to be updated? :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I’d love to do that, but if nothing goes wrong, it’s usually not very interesting and funny. See Evidence A: the NHI card.

3 Likes

Getting new NHI card is easy, but you have to argue with the staff who were instructed to tell you not to do it. Your card will be cancelled after your employer updates the NHI contributions to the new ID - 被保險人變更事項申請書(勞保、健保及勞退3合1表格). :doh:

1 Like

Since I went to the Post office, I didn’t had such an experience. Maybe I should have gone to the NHI office instead. XD

2 Likes

IF your employer updates the NHI contributions.

Why aren’t y’all doing it yourself? It’s literally just a trip to the nearest post office. Easy to combine with a trip to pick up some beer, coffee, tea or whatever.

the saga continues. I was supposed to get a tax return today, but I didn’t because my id changed and I didn’t get it to my bank today.

so I didn’t get paid yet nor did I get my tax return yet that was supposed to come on 9/11. thanks taiwan ID card guy. you outdone your self.

2 Likes

It should be free then. It’s quite a good deal for them, $200 from every foreigner that is forced to upgrade.

1 Like

Question, if I lost my aprc card and applied for a new one would they automatically issue me a new card with the new number format? Or can I ask them to keep the old format with the new card?

You’ll probably be getting the new number.

2 Likes