Kaohsiung City - Hotels | Mokkie Goes to Kaohsiung

Does anyone know of any good Salsa schools/clubs in Kaohsiung?

What about good three star hotels?

Last year I stay in this hotel Centre Hotel Kaohsiung 中央飯店 - 高雄
the rooms are ok (some rooms look old and other new ) , breakfast included (Taiwanese style)
the hotel is in good location ( Formosa Boulevard station 美麗島站 )
https://jay7134.pixnet.net/blog/post/221874675

1 Like

Thanks!

Kaohsiung is a nice place, you will enjoy.

Cijin island is fun.

Kaohsiung

Summer 2019 when I went to Kaohsiung for a few days, what stroke me was how strong the sun was but how dry compared to Tainan the heat was. I wonder how such difference is possible when the two towns are not far away from each other.

Kaohsiung’s warm climate is very much dictated by its low latitude and its exposure to warm sea temperatures year-round, with the Kuroshio Current passing by the coast of southern Taiwan, and the Central Mountain Range on the northeast blocking out the cool northeastern winds during the winter. The city, therefore, has a noticeably warmer climate than nearby cities located at similar latitudes

This Map shows a heat forecast for the next 50 years
Red means 40 days or more with average temperatures of 35C

Sources

4 Likes

Does anyone have any suggestions for good places to live in Taichung please?

Maybe make a new thread for Taichung, or search for old Taichung threads to add onto one of them.

3 Likes

The area around the Fine Arts Museum is nice. Quite walkable and a lot of restaurants around.

2 Likes

I would like to sincerely thank everyone for their suggestions, comments, feedback etc to all my queries.

2 Likes

Have you decided where to move to?

I hear Wan Chai is nice…

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Over a year and a half later, has @mokkie finally come to Kaohsiung? :wink:

There is (in my opinion) a pretty good one a few blocks away from the 228 peace park (at least it’s quite popular and I like the food there and cheap. Although I’ve been to hong kong I’m not really sure what the “proper” food tastes lik)

Either Tai Chung recommended by a long time Taiwanese friend or KHH as my favourite.

For bars etc
Lol

Not yet…waiting for the pandemic to pass first.