Molesting the wildlife!

The enthusiastic coastal patrol officers failed to identify and prosecute a man who was seen entering the same waters with a speargun earlier this year.

Shortly after, the man was seen exiting waters sans spear, while a juvenile turtle was found on the beach with a punctured lung, intestines, and liver.

The turtle died on the way to hospital.

No evidence that the puncture wound was caused by the spear found next to the turtle. No need for a witch hunt for the man who was seen entering the water with a spear, and seen exiting without one, the media cried.

Today, a juvenile foreigner was charged with the crime of touching a turtle.

Taiwan: Touch Your Heart. But don’t touch our turtles.

8 Likes

The usual Taiwan bullshit of “insufficient” evidence. The photo of the kid touching the turtle is indisputable, while the speargun guy is just circumstantial. Just like that fella who was found naked in bed with his likewise-naked mistress but they couldn’t be prosecuted for adultery because there wasn’t any photographic evidence of actual P-in-V intercourse.

1 Like

So in that example you should be happy. I get the sarcasm but frankly if there is proof there is proof. If there isnt then thjngs should be handled carefully as such and not assumed based on what it appears to be.

I find the funny thing is that of all things in Pingtung, literally the cesspool of Taiwan, sea turtles are one thing theybtake seriously. Both eating and protecting haha. But its common knowledge now that Xiao liuqiu does actually take the sea turtle thing serious. Towards locals as well. Its not a witch hunt. I know locals get fined for the same thingm. And i see a massive difference from years ago compared to now on the general attitude towards them by the locals. Its actually a wonderful example to see. Though they have little reapect for most of the other life there. Baby steps.

So ya, fine the kid. Fine anyone. Its been well enforced for a while now. Just make the fines equal between offenders and move on.

To think…pingtung actually caring about another life form more than the rest of the country does. Gives us all hope :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Taiwan:
Touch Your Heart. But don’t touch our turtles.

GREAT QUOTE, I am loving that one !!!

1 Like

Sea turtles. The land based and freshwater ones are shyte outa luck…others that is a very catchy saying. We should get stickers made.

1 Like

Have you seen there Tommy?
I’ve been there , its one of the worst crimes against animals I’ve ever seen.
They captured these sea turtles and stuck them in what can be described as a dark underwater cave under a temple. When the law changed they weren’t allowed capture any more of them but they could keep the ones they had.

1 Like

if he is 7 years old, I’d think the same way.

Ridiculous law

1 Like

Freedom of religion, bro. Next thing you know, you will be wanting them to be paying taxes on the billions they earn.

1 Like

“Evidence” in the form of photographs or videos are all that matters in such things. As much as I dislike it, you need to keep your phone ready to go in bad situations. Police don’t even want to hear people’s stories if there is a camera nearby. Of course, this is good in a lot of situations.

Personally, I think the kid should have been made to apologize to the turtle and pick up garbage on the beach for an entire day.

Family unfortunately didn’t know the Taiwanese approach to claim either;

1 it’s not me in the photo ! Just someone who looks very like me hence I took a photo of them to show everyone how much they looked like me

Or 2, I’m not actually touching the turtle in the photo just very close as every dog and his uncle know you’re not allowed to touch them !

4 Likes

When are they going to ban eating turtles then?

2 Likes

b4xyrehniuz01

1 Like

tell this german kid to pay a visit, post it to social media and get some revenge. if i was the kid i would seriously think about it.

1 Like

There are turtles and then there are Protected turtles. That’s how it works.

2 Likes

Its a conservation thing not really a turtle thing. Many turtles are not protected. So turtle meat to the food shops and shell powder to the penis clinics. Ironically many turtles are very hard to trade internationally as pets.

The turtle attacked My finger your honour !

Not all turtles are created equally

1 Like

I’ve been there. There’s barely any room for them to swim around.

Given the world that we live in, surely prosecuting a kid for touching a turtle is ‘optimistic’ at best.