Mollie's Used Book Store price hikes - the end of a passionate affair

My books will be left to NTU.

1 Like

Depending on what type of books you want, you can do this: Get a library card at Taipei City L and probably others and register on Libby, the library app for books, audiobooks, and magazines. If you have someone in the US and probably other countries, you can get them to register for a card at their library for a bigger English selection.

1 Like

Warehouse open today and Monday until 7pm. Books 10ntd

Edit
Found The Silmarillion…in Spanish. It’ll be a long night. :howyoudoin:

4 Likes

Further to this thread, one forumosa user messaged me with some books they were interested in selling and we arranged a purchase. If anyone else has books they wish to sell, feel free to contact me. I basically only want classics, Penguin Classics/Modern Classics (Wordsworth series too), Oxford World Classics, Norton Critical Editions, etc.

1 Like

Another “garage” sale at Mollie 's.

Note: keep your umbrella close, big crowds.

1 Like

Does it get pretty busy? I had never been to Mollie’s until a month or two ago. I quite liked it. But, I do not like crowds. Will it be busy the coming weekend?

Where is this joint? A Google Maps search turns up multiple locations.

I knew this reply would be from doc lactose without even looking at name or avatar, haha :cow:

1 Like

I walked into one of their locations within walking distance from Guting. I assume they are all similar?

1 Like

The underground warehouse where they keep books before taking them upstairs to the sales bookstore is located in Gongguan, just a few paces away from MRT exit 4.

Yes, it gets pretty crowded. But you get very good prices, 10, 40 NTD. There are books, CDs, LPs, DVDs.

It only takes place there and on the dates and times stated in the ad: October 22 and 24, 12:30 to 7pm.

3 Likes

They have had to reduce their prices to something like pre-Covid ones, so I have started going back there. The garage sale is a very long line and I found only one English book, and that was some Bill Bryson thing. Waste of time.

3 Likes

The English books cases were at the very end of the right hand hall, between language learning and cooking.