$$$ money exchange

I know That I can exchange my USD to NTD at the airport. My question is my flight lands next Friday at 9PM Taipei time. Will I still be able to exchange currency this late on a Friday? I will be in Taipei Saturday before taking the HSR to the south, but I believe all the banks are closed on weekends.

I am new to the forum and really appreciate the info everyone provides. This is my first trip outside the US and would appreciate any input.

Are you in the US?
I have lots of NT at the moment – if you like I we could exchange via Paypal and priority mail. I always make sure to have a couple thousand in NT with me just in case I can’t change right away.

ironlady, Appreciate the offer but would feel a little nervous doing so… Plus the fact that I have little to no time till my departure next Thursday. Just out of curiosity where are you in the US? im in southern California

I’m in upstate New York.

According to the airport’s website, there are currency exchange banks in the airport that are open late, some until 11pm or 12am. The green 地圖 buttons are maps of the airport with the bank locations and business hours listed. They are listed by terminal (1 or 2) and floor. Click on the bank icon in the map legend to have the locations appear.

Terminal 1 has been remodeled recently so I’m not sure if the maps are correct, but just ask Information when you arrive.

[quote=“mflannery1980”]I know That I can exchange my USD to NTD at the airport. My question is my flight lands next Friday at 9PM Taipei time. Will I still be able to exchange currency this late on a Friday? I will be in Taipei Saturday before taking the HSR to the south, but I believe all the banks are closed on weekends.

I am new to the forum and really appreciate the info everyone provides. This is my first trip outside the US and would appreciate any input.[/quote]

You should be able to go to a local currency exchange in the US and buy NTD. If they don’t have any on hand they can order it in. If you don’t have time to do this before you leave, I recommend bringing a minimum amount of USD. Just use your bank/debit card to withdraw NTD from major bank ATMs while you’re here. You will incur “other ATM” and sometimes “other currency” charges so make sure you know what those charges are before you leave. You should also get your bank to add a security note to your account indicating that you will be using your bank/debit card overseas. Then, when you’re here, just use an ATM that accepts your type of card - Cirrus, etc.

You know that only large stores will accept credit cards like Visa and Mastercard, right? In Taiwan, cash is king.

u wont have a problem at all as i am sure u did not, please update us and tell us how is ur trip.

Does anyone know a decent currency exchange place in Taipei that is open on Sunday? I’m not really interested in the poor rates at hotel, maybe a bank or official office.