Money for Nothing?

Just an idea I had in my head. Now with the receipt lottery, I noticed when I get two receipts in a row from a place that the receipt numbers are in sequential order. I don’t know exactly how this works so I could be talking crap, but this looks possible at any rate.

There are six different combinations of the final three digits that can win you 200NTD. There are 1000 possible combinations. So if you had a receipt with each different combination you would be guaranteed to win $1200. I believe the plastic bags at convenience stores and other places only cost 1NTD. So, you could go to a remote convenience store at 4am and buy 1000 plastic bags individually for a guaranteed 200NTD profit, with the potential for winning more with a higher level prize.

Maybe the clerk won’t give you plastic bags by themselves, or they don’t have 1000 bags in stock. I don’t know of anything else for 1 dollar, but printing 1 page just costs 2. In this case you could print 1000 pages individually, and you would lose 800 - BUT you have a pretty good chance of winning a bigger prize so this could work out for you too.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGJZcHgqX1g

Get a job! At 1 bag per minute, you’ll need 1000 minutes.

5 Likes

Start your own business and pump out all the receipts you want for friends and split the profits.

2 Likes

You could get a night shift at a 7/11 and spend your nights buying plastic bags.

1 Like

Always a possibility.

1 Like

Another option: open your own business and sell single grains of rice to friends and family for 0.5 NT. You can run the fapiao printer all day long, just have them agree to split winnings with you.

1 Like

this sounds like a good choice
I’m sure someone has come up with this idea and tried it. I wonder if it works

A better one: open two businesses, and sell a single grain of rice back and forth for 0.5NTD.

1 Like

…and chicks for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP2RUD_cL0

4 Likes

If you melt down NT$1 coins the market value of the metal is higher that the face value of the coins.

Easy peasy.

1 Like

Yes I did have this song in my head while writing this!

1 Like

Except you have to report those sales every odd month. And you have to report every single fapiao AND bring it to the tax office of the 3rd-level division your business is registered in (District or City/Town/Rural Town) and watch them start to ask questions.

Not only that, reporting EVERY fapiao is incredibly tedious.