I keep my money in…
- NT dollars in Taiwan banks
- foreign currency in Taiwan banks
- foreign currency in foreign banks
- a portfolio of securities, bonds, impressive sounding stuff like that
- cash greenbacks, bars of gold, diamonds
- paying off mortgage on a local house, expenses for a local business, etc.
- money? what money?
How much of your savings do you suppose it is safe to keep in Taiwan currency? In Taiwan banks?
And how great would you say the risk is of something Bad to happen to either form of money? Like: Argentina-style devaluation, Korean War II, invasion from the mainland, Japanese bank collapse, mega-earthquake, or some similar catastrophe or group of catastrophes.
And then, what do you invest in? U.S. dollars? (The U.S. economy seems vulnerable to war this time, though usually the greenback is a currency of refuge.) Real estate? (But land in Taiwan will probably be worth less later.) Stocks? Gold?