Money Talks says TAIWAN, CHINA

Want to be idealistic? Can’t invest in China without toeing their official line:

And this will lead to war between the US and China .

What a bitch.

1 Like

Lots of Canadians move south and refrain from saying, “Fucking stupid Yanks.” in order to make money.

Second story looks like a half-hearted attempt to scare old people.

Not really the same thing is it though? Not many Canadians move south and pretend that they were able to do so because Canada is a US State.

Prostitution by another name. Folks I talk to here see these kinds of pussies for what they are.

2 Likes

Does he even make good bread?

His mom tells him he’s special…so…?

Wu should have expanded in Singapore and the US. Shops like 85°C in California prove that the Asian American market would embrace Taiwanese brands.

On the other hand, most Taiwanese brands is only attractive in China because of their success in Taiwan, and sooner or late crazy Chinese netizens would accuse any Taiwanese owner trying to do business in China of being pro Taiwan independence, in order to force them to make a public statement denouncing TI. This exact thing happened to HTC, Mayday, Tzuyu, and countless others companies/celebrities.

At that point a brand is as well as dead in China whether or not the owner denounces TI. However, the owner that actually were foolish enough to denounce TI would suffer an even worse fate, as their support in Taiwan would vanish. Not that the owners or celebrities would care about the Taiwanese market, once they’ve dived into the Chinese market headfirst. However, as soon as a thing is no longer popular in Taiwan, it stops being popular in China as well…

The people that really managed this well is to give vague statements like KP, saying some bull about both peoples are of one family, without actually denouncing TI or voicing support for the made up 92 consensus. They would still suffer for a while across the straits, but people are more likely to forget that they didn’t pick a side, than them picking a wrong side.

8 Likes

So no lol

I can’t find it, does he have a store in Taiwan?

What worries me here is that the company that partnered with Wu to expand abroad is the same Singaporean conglomerate that partnered with Din Tai Fung to open shops in UK. I do feel a set up coming too…Mark my words.

I like the part, “We are a small bakery…”. A small bakery who just happens to be expanding outside his community. Such bullshit.

1 Like

Many. He has very humble beginnings and does have a couple of logs on his shoulder because of the rejection he received for it- go watch the movie about his life http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat/archives/2013/07/19/2003567643

He’s got several stores, most popular in Xinyi Taipei 101 area, where they let people in 50 by 50, lining up for hours when the bread comes out. Had a picture of the menu of their coffee shop, really expensive stuff.

First store he opened rolling on his fame after winning the World Bread Cup was in Kaohsiung, where now he and man of the hour Korean Fish are trying to do some damage control…or worse, digging deeper.

Teaching and Taichung HSR station come to mind.

Is it actually any good?

Taiwanese things are also popular in Malaysia. You’ll see many Taiwanese chains with some Taiwanese celebrity endorsements.

And talking about downfalls, now Wu is being skewered over salaries: staff still gets 26k:

https://tw.mobi.yahoo.com/news/吳寶春麵包高雄店經理19年資歷-起薪只有26k-084120756.html

Bread guru? Seriously?

He’s just the front for the business, owned by others.

Even worse if he’s a pansy.

The wife said the same thing. He could have expanded around Asia like DTF but no he went for China for a quick buck. He already made a fortune in Taiwan and supposedly had been given free rent by Kaohsiung city govt for years

He had opened a small bakery down the road from me in Taichung years ago. His bread smelt really good.
It was bloody expensive though , 200 to 300 ntd for a loaf. I used to laugh so hard at the local wealthy Taiwanese going in buying multiple loaves , sometimes they would be told to feeeze it to store it haha. They wouldn’t have a clue how to eat it just eating dry bread (and it’s not soft bread like the local stuff ) …Cos it’s famous.