Monkey business in Southern Taiwan

1 Like

Wonder if this will become good international Taiwan publicity or someone will be punished. Could go either way.

Nothing new about monkey business at Sun Yat-sen University.

In 2016, there was this story:

And then in 2020: “Kaohsiung City Councilor Jane Lee (李眉蓁), Chinese Nationalist Party’s (KMT) mayoral by-election candidate, plagiarized 96 percent her master’s thesis … causing uproar in political and educational circles.”

2 Likes

Yea, lots of monkey business in Kaohsiung.

So cute. Seems only yesterday they were exterminating monkeys as they were disrupting students studies and innocent tourists garvage tossing games. Good ol Ta Kao haha.

Could be racist.

They already have monkeys picking coconuts in Thailand.

Beats the sex shows. Like slaves, do you want to be an indoor servant or a cotton picker?

Both are horrible.

China got it right. Reeducation. Sounds so moral and clean that way. Get them monkeys a job, settle down with a harem and a 50 year ficus lease and bobs your uncle.

From a city called “hit dog” , to garbage trucks killing stray dogs, to killing monkeys, to using stray dogs to control monkeys, to failing at providing quality education to training monkeys to be a professor (arguably as useful).

Taiwan always has some of the most interesting evolutions!

I don’t think Kaoshiung is different from Taipei or anywhere else on the island.

Poor monkey lost 3 toes. It should get a desk job like the other monkey.

In Gushan, just up the road from the monkey that works behind a desk at the university.

Warning graphic image blood, bone, and unrelated reproductive organs.

Trapping has been outlawed in Taiwan for over a decade. According to the Kaohsiung agriculture bureau, harming a Formosan rock macaque is a violation of the island’s Wildlife Conservation Act and carries a fine of between NT$60,000 and NT$300,000 (around $2,150 and $10,750).

The use and possession of animal traps are separate offenses under Taiwan’s Animal Protection Act, punishable by fines of up to NT$75,000 (nearly $2,685) and NT$15,000 ($537) respectively.

This made news in NY. Or it made MY news because I come here maybe?

2 Likes

What channel?

We don’t watch TV news. lol

Yahoo main page feed.

I see. Definitely you have that Taiwan algorithm going

Yup. Taiwan Algorithm UP!

1 Like

Curious now. what of the government culling monkeys near the university in kaohsiung before? What of the paid people there wih slingshots and.bb guns protecting peoole from monkey attacks? Still protected? or…?

Trapping is as low down the moral pole as factory farming, pretty disgraceful how its done here. Infuriates me.

BB guns OK for use on university campus against monkeys, government says.

Yes, i know. I was pointing out the irony with above article :wink: