Mpox (Monkeypox) 🙈 nasty!

23 posts were split to a new topic: From monkeypox

There is nothing in that CNA story you linked indicating this is being considered.

Guy

The CNA article discussing the situation in Singapore mentioned contact tracing and advising the public about how this virus spreads and some of the common symptoms.

I guess sometimes reality is too simple to accept without dramatic embellishment. :person_shrugging:

Guy

You referred to the responses of health authorities in places like Singapore as portending “shamanistic solutions.”

I am sorry, these are not “facts” you are pointing out. You appear not even to be following the details of what’s happening.

Guy

What a bunch of sheisters.
The mandate didn’t split society. It was the fuqqers who arbitrarily decided on the mandate.
Man/woman up to it.
This belongs in COVID, but it relates to the new “scare” of monkeypox.
Health ministers around the world should just come out and say “don’t worry, they’ll be no mandates whatsoever for monkeypox”. Until then, they’ll hang the “new scare” over our heads in terms of travelling, quarantine, etc.

https://www.clickorlando.com/health/2022/06/23/austria-scraps-covid-vaccine-mandate-says-it-split-society/

• BERLIN – Austria’s health minister announced Thursday that the country is scrapping a dormant coronavirus vaccine mandate, saying the measure risked polarizing society and could even lead to fewer people getting the shot.

The government announced plans last year requiring all people aged 18 and over to get vaccinated against COVID-19, the first country in Europe to do so. The law took effect in February but lawmakers suspended the mandate before police were due to enforce it in mid-March.

Health Minister Johannes Rauch said the rise of new virus variants had changed citizens’ perception of the effectiveness and necessity of a vaccination, even among those willing to get the shot.

1 Like

Well, I wasn’t referring to Singapore specifically, but the whole package of bullshit that we’ve been subjected to for two years. Stay in your homes and stuff junk food down your neck in front of Netflix! Stop working! Avoid people! Live in fear! Cover your faces with cloth! Don’t read anything that contradicts what we say, it’s misinformation! Oh, and you must inject this substance that has never been tried on humans before - it will protect you from something that’s almost certainly not going to harm you in the first place. If you don’t want to be protected we’ll have to make sure you lose your job, sorry about that.

It’s utter nonsense. Magic, superstition and flimflam. And they’re going to do it all again.

Are you serious? I probably spend more time than anyone else here “following the details”. I’m not sure if that does much for my mental health, but I do at least have sufficient background to understand those details, and I post my take on them. You just ROFL at people.

6 Likes

So then respond specifically to how Singapore has acted.

Show us how anything they have done in response to monkeypox is “shamanistic.”

Guy

Show me how anything that they have done is likely to make any positive difference at all to people’s wellbeing. I’m tired of having to justify myself with the assumption that governments are correct by default.

Look, I’ve found myself increasingly approaching this as a psychologist (a potential career I discarded early on as an apostate). For example, I watched the mask mandates with utter disbelief, because it was guaranteed to fuck people up bigstyle. The basis of a very successful therapy (CBT) is to simply get people to do something, and they’ll construct their own belief system around it. The idea is that if you can get people to do something that causes positive changes in their life, they’ll create their own self-reinforcing justifications. The problem is that this also works with things that have negative outcomes: people will build justifications for something that is actively harming them if they’re made to build it into their daily routine.

3 Likes

I did, and you just ignored it. After finding infections, the Singapore government did some contact tracing, and explained common symptoms and how the virus spreads.

I understand your position is “government bad, everything shamanistic.” I don’t agree with this claim and I don’t think it aligns with what is actually happening.

Guy

Monkeypox has arrived in Taiwan!

https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2022/06/25/2003780518

3 Likes

I wonder whether this trip was planned or brought forward. Of course not related to MONKEYPOX because he had never heard of it.

The case in question seems to be a Taiwanese student studying in Germany, who returned to Taiwan for the summer, shortly after Taiwan’s quarantine rules were relaxed.

It doesn’t look implausible to me. :person_shrugging:

Guy

I guess so.

Having never heard about MONKEYPOX was what surprised me, but maybe it is just people on here who talk about covid/MONKEYPOX so much.

You said what they did. You didn’t say why you thought it was helpful. And no, it isn’t obvious. Let us say that someone is “contact traced” and told that they might have been exposed to the lurgy du jour. What, precisely, are they supposed to do with this new information?

If anyone should be bothered enough to want to know what the symptoms are, don’t most people in Singapore have access to Google (for whatever that’s worth)?

No, that isn’t my position. Governments occasionally get things right. Health authorities occasionally get things right. What governments did during COVID, specifically, was more akin to primitive ritual. It not only had no purpose, it had no basis in medical science and caused a huge amount of predictable harm, which I’ve posted about at length.

Srsly?

Monkeypox fear seems to have died down a little here…

:monkey: :cry:

:thinking:

:smiley: :bulb:

…Unleash the Piggypox! :pig: :runaway:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/new-superbug-found-in-pigs-can-jump-to-humans/news-story/91e1f67590adbadb8c8f588e3043365d

3 Likes

So its safe to say whoever got monkeypox is gay?

1 Like

Just keep your banana in your pants and you’ll be fine.

I can see all the old Victorian diseases making a ‘comeback’. Scarlet fever, TB, you name it. It could even be a hodgepodge of several of these diseases.
They don’t even need a case, they can check the sewage. But don’t worry, in 100 days they can roll out their mRNA cure care of the WHO.

1 Like

Monkeypox Outbreak in Gay, Bisexual Men Prompts Effort to Avert Stigma

The Wall Street Journal - June 26, 2022

Deja Vu all over again. Cases on the rise.