Monks brawl at site of the crucifixion

That’s nice: give the religion of love a black eye.

[quote=“BBC”]Israeli police have had to restore order at one of Christianity’s holiest sites after a mass brawl broke out between monks in Jerusalem’s Old City.

Fighting erupted between Greek Orthodox and Armenian monks at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the traditional site of Christ’s crucifixion.

Two monks from each side were detained as dozens of worshippers traded kicks and punches at the shrine, said police. [/quote]

[quote=“Jaboney”]That’s nice: give the religion of love a black eye.

[quote=“url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7718587.stm]BBC[/url]”]Israeli police have had to restore order at one of Christianity’s holiest sites after a mass brawl broke out between monks in Jerusalem’s Old City.

Fighting erupted between Greek Orthodox and Armenian monks at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the traditional site of Christ’s crucifixion.

Two monks from each side were detained as dozens of worshippers traded kicks and punches at the shrine, said police. [/quote][/quote]

Religion can be testy.

Awww, give them a break. They’re just following the good word of the Lord

The Greeks and Armenians are always fighting; no love lost between those groups.

Your quote concerns ancient Israel’s legal system for settling civil disputes between individuals. I don’t think the monks had that passage in mind. I think they were just brawling.

Your quote concerns ancient Israel’s legal system for settling civil disputes between individuals. I don’t think the monks had that passage in mind. I think they were just brawling.[/quote]

Know it all :raspberry:

You really ought to find a link to a video of the brawl and post it here. The written description is nothing. I saw it on CNN this morning and couldn’t help laughing. It was a fairly decent-sized brawl.

This happens regularly. Since Ottoman times, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre has been shared by (or more accurately, divided among) five Christian denominations, which are very protective of their respective privileges.

Indeed it was. They should have them load up on wine, erect a cage, and let them really go at it.They could charge big money by using relics and religious instruments as weapons, I mean, props.
video:
youtube.com/watch?v=YrKENs9c … re=channel

Very funny stuff. Just imagine all the fun we’d have today if there had been five Christs.

There weren’t?

There weren’t?[/quote]
Michaelangelo thought there were three Christs and 28 disciples. And jello!
youtube.com/watch?v=J4oKXagF3IE

Holy crap, maybe there were.