Moon Cakes, to eat or not to eat

Idk why they don’t make more common flavors. I have no clue what half the flavors they sell are.

Put the word out. Next year baklava moon cakes will be all the rage.

4 Likes

Make this a thing. I love baklava

Spanish Fly or GTFO.

And then during the great Turkish food trend of 2021, Turkish Delight Mooncakes will reign supreme.

Do they make fig moon cakes? I was thinking a taste à la Fig Newtons which I like, but perhaps I’m in the minority.

3 Likes

For me at least, pineapple cakes often fill that niche.

2 Likes

Poor man’s energy bars? I love 'em.

I never thought of pineapple cakes that way, but you’re right.

Don’t like mooncakes because of all those weird bean paste fillings?

Now you can have mooncakes with good ol’ Oreo filling.

I think a lot of it depends on how rural a place you live in. Plenty of people eat them where I live. I could totally understand getting sick of them, but I still like them.

1 Like

I like them too, but I don’t think they’re worth the caloric punch they pack. Check my chart at the top of the thread. Would you rather have one mooncake or 3 slices of pizza? They’re basically the same number of calories.

1 Like

Moon cakes with pork filling from Ding Tai Fung. Thank me later.

I’m trying to lose weight. I’ll curse you.

Today someone give me a moon cake with “dry pork” o whatever is called, was so bad. At least now I’ve been a while in Taiwan and I just say I don’t like and stop eating.

I would like a salami cheese mooncake

1 Like

That just sounds gross.

I like the traditional round flat flaky ones.

Snowskin ones are good, basically mochi. I can eat 10 in one sitting.

The ones from Ding Tai Fung are more like meat pies. Silky smooth, mouth watering meat pies. Served by handsome men in uniform.

2 Likes