Moral difference between changing sex and changing sexual orientation

Who was doing that?

I don’t know what you’re going on about. I never said anything about gay people. I simply said that some people say it’s fluid.

It couldn’t be. We really don’t understand it if you look at it scientifically.

OK then, if there was a scientific basis for conversion therapy, then you’d be OK with adults doing it?

They’ve done it in mice and fruitflies, just not in humans yet.

I disagree and think that “fluid” shit is just a trend right now. But like I said, if someone personally chooses to change their orientation with no outside pressure, then that’s their choice and I support it. That’s rarely the case though.

2 Likes

I personally have no idea. We don’t understand it all that much.

And I also agree that grown adults can make their own choices on how they want to live their life.

@Andrew0409 , do you think being gay is a choice? Your post suggests you do. Can you clarify?

I don’t know. Maybe it is for some people. Maybe it’s not. Maybe it’s fluid for some. We don’t know all that much about the subject.

I never said being gay was a choice. I said a lot of people say sexual orientation is fluid. That’s it.

I’m not Andrew, but if being gay was a choice then kids in Iran wouldn’t choose to get thrown off roof tops over it. Some people do choose to experiment in college, but usually revert to nature by the time they’re a full grown adult.

2 Likes

I think you are the only person who thinks I suggested being gay was a choice. No one else seems to think I said that. And I didn’t.

1 Like

Suggesting being gay is fluid leans towards that. That little can just flip between

Doesn’t that mean it’s fluid though? If you are experimenting, you must find the opposite sex attractive. But revert back.

:man_shrugging: maybe it’s fluid for some people and not for some?

Also, could you clarify this. Do you think gender dysphoria is a mental health issue?

does it?

I never said being gay is fluid. I said some people say sexual orientation (which includes all sexual orientations) is fluid.

I said i don’t know. Why do you keep suggesting I’m saying something I’ve said I didn’t say over and over again. Cut it out man.

2 Likes

That’s their argument. But I think some people experiment out of curiosity or to impress others. “Fluid” would imply going back and forth. People are bisexual, of course. But I don’t think there’s a switch where someone is like “this year I’m attracted to dudes”, “this year I’m attracted to chicks” changing back and forth like it’s seasonal wear.

If it is by their own will, I’d be OK.
If it is forced, I’d say there is a moral issue.

1 Like

What about this?

thank you. the whole reason I asked is I wanted clarity on the issue.

To sort out the reasons.

1 Like

I can’t really say anything definitive on what people may or may not be thinking or feeling. But personally, I can’t bring myself to be curious enough to engage in gay sex where I’m aroused by another man. I have thought about it, and it didn’t work. So I’m not sure how it’s possible for someone who is straight to be curious or want to impress someone enough to have gay sex and go back.

So maybe it’s possible some people can have some fluidity. And possible some people don’t have any fluidity, as you said the gay people in those places they get thrown off rooftops.

Ok. But will you promise not to pick at subjective language?

The answer is, it’s complicated. American psychological association moved it into its own category now in the DSM so it’s not very clear. Some have even suggested transgenderism is different from gender dysphoria.

At the very least, it causes psychological distress and psychotherapy is suggest to help persons with it. We are just not really sure about this.

1 Like