Moral Foundations Test

I always want more details, but there is value to leaving it blank as people will either fill in the details themselves (which also shows biases) or just react in general.

2 Likes

They’ve also become less tolerant and far less likely to listen. :whistle:

1 Like

On another note, as some posters age they tend to repeat themselves often. :wink:

They may feel that others aren’t getting it. It’s a courtesy.

I don’t strongly identify with any of these categories, but if I had to restrict my entire political ideology to one of these I’d probably go with “Libertarian”. That said, based on the kinds of questions asked, the result I got doesn’t surprise me. As libertarian as I’m getting as I age, I still have some foundational beliefs that you could probably describe as “Left-Liberal”.

2 Likes

I think another aspect is that my morals don’t always reflect what I believe politically.

Just because I find it morally wrong to get drunk doesn’t mean I think a 21 year old drinking age and weird restrictions on when and how you can purchase alcohol is right politically.

3 Likes

Hey! I resemble that remark.

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

I’d vote for Putin, Ho Chi Minh’s ghost, Lenin’s choda, or an Ayatollah before I’d vote for:

1. Hillary Clinton
  2. Christy Clark

And I’d vote for Hillary before Christy.

My loyalty was 19%. Seems too high.

Well, you care about T&A, and so that should bump this factor up over 50, imho

1 Like

Wonder why my loyalty is so high compared to everyone else.

I’m wondering why someone got such a low purity score. Did they say brothers and sisters fucking is ok?

Ask @MalcolmReynolds
But I doubt that’s the reason.

1 Like

Hey!! Haidt is the psychologist who converted me from a political science focus to a psychology one.

I wonder if all the nationalistic questions fed into loyalty, authority, or both?

If you guys like the quiz or want to know more than this limited information, I encourage you to read Haidts book “the righteous mind”

It’s really phenomenal and will expand your horizons as to how humans think and operate.

For example, Haidt discovered that even across cultures, the poorest classes had more in common that the poor and rich within the same societies

1 Like

I’d guess authority since I tended to vote neutral on most of those.