More cram school questions (only adult or high school clients)

My girlfriend has sort of inherited a house/shop. Before we were looking at setting up an online only school, but now we have this store space, we are kicking around the idea to set up a cram school that teaches tests like toeic, TOEFL, and maybe even gre.

I have some experience teaching toeic but I won’t be teaching with her until after I leave my public school job (at least one more contract) and after we get married.

She is local Taiwanese, and I’m trying to help her find out what license she will need to open it. I’ve never started a business so I’m working through resources I find online to put together a business plan to help her get her dream started.

Will she need the same cram school license as the children oriented one? I just need help getting pointed in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Where are you? Regulations differ.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m in New Taipei city

Which part of NTC? I’m looking to expand in Xinzhuang.

Close, in sanchong

But I thought your school was for children?

You may try offer Dulingo ENG exam prep, seems more people going to USA uni’s take this recently. My friend , she worked at TOEFL center said much fewer people are taking that exam as other options are open since COVID started. She also help students go overseas and said things have changed a lot as far as admission requirements.

2 Likes

Oh! That’s interesting. I have heard of it, but I wasn’t aware it had gotten much traction

Yes, its cheaper (much more) and can be done at home, and most major Uni’s in USA accept it. With people staying at home more, more people use the exam thus schools looked at it and accept it.

2 Likes

@DogmaticStoic If you teach after 6:00 I have open classrooms for you to get started. That way you can get a revenue stream going before you invest in a location.

3 Likes

You can try school agent business, this one worth £100 million from Japan, I was thinking too