More food woes - expired items

Rancid fats? Or cereals developing fungi?

The mold in the food is the one that damages your liver. Given Taiwan’s humidity/temperature/storage conditions… mold is quite likely. However, then you have the question: you are a chief baker in a 5 star hotel. You open a bag of premium Belgian chocolate - :wink: - and it is gone … funky. At lest, it doesn’t look right. Would you still use it in say, 80 nt chocolate muffins or the chocolate dip fountain in the eat-all-you-can buffet?

if the managers says “we need to scam the customer, put it in” he might put it in …

After the government fails to cover it up.[/quote]

yeah thats what I meant :slight_smile:[/quote]

Nevermind – I get what you’re saying.[/quote]

No, you are absolutely right, thats exactly how they did it in China. They needed a scapegoat when the shit hit the fan.[/quote]

And then things keep on going the same way as before.

I’ve a;ways been very suspicious of the prize they gave the whistleblower of the plasticizer case. :saywhat:

Yeah – a doctor was quoted, who I presume had access to the chocolate. I’ll take the doctor’s word over some guy who says 20 year old chocolate tastes like scotch. And there is a difference between aging something, which I presume requires some knowledge and a certain type of environment, and letting something expire for 9 years, which I presume means letting something sit and rot. If this chocolate was truly aged – like cheese and wine is – then there wouldn’t be an issue and they wouldn’t be selling the chocolate to random bakeries at cheap prices but to luxury bakeries at high prices… :unamused:

It seems that no matter what kind of shit is released into the environment or put into edibles, there will always be someone who says it’s healthy. And yes, I’m thinking about a poster that probably likes Led Zeppelin who believes radiation exposure is healthy. (And there are still people who deny the existence of human-induced global warming…我們等著橋吧。

The mold in the food is the one that damages your liver. Given Taiwan’s humidity/temperature/storage conditions… mold is quite likely. However, then you have the question: you are a chief baker in a 5 star hotel. You open a bag of premium Belgian chocolate - :wink: - and it is gone … funky. At lest, it doesn’t look right. Would you still use it in say, 80 nt chocolate muffins or the chocolate dip fountain in the eat-all-you-can buffet?[/quote]

It didn’t only go to 5-star hotels. The media in Taiwan just likes to bitch about 5-star hotels, just like when the 塑化劑 story broke.

I know, dear, but if I am paying 1500nts for a buffet, I hope that I get some peace of mind while eating… It’s not a 50nt self-serve, they should be a bit more careful. :fume:

Actually, the latest news is that it did not reach the 5 star hotels… :wink:

[quote=“Icon”]I know, dear, but if I am paying 1500nts for a buffet, I hope that I get some peace of mind while eating… It’s not a 50nt self-serve, they should be a bit more careful. :fume:

Actually, the latest news is that it did not reach the 5 star hotels… :wink:[/quote]

Yeah – and it’s because of that kind of reaction that the media puts emphasis on 5-star hotels, and it seems they do so before they have any evidence, if what you said is true.

Or something else :wink:

Yeah – a doctor was quoted, who I presume had access to the chocolate. I’ll take the doctor’s word over some guy who says 20 year old chocolate tastes like scotch. And there is a difference between aging something, which I presume requires some knowledge and a certain type of environment, and letting something expire for 9 years, which I presume means letting something sit and rot. If this chocolate was truly aged – like cheese and wine is – then there wouldn’t be an issue and they wouldn’t be selling the chocolate to random bakeries at cheap prices but to luxury bakeries at high prices… :unamused:

It seems that no matter what kind of shit is released into the environment or put into edibles, there will always be someone who says it’s healthy. And yes, I’m thinking about a poster that probably likes Led Zeppelin who believes radiation exposure is healthy. (And there are still people who deny the existence of human-induced global warming…我們等著橋吧。[/quote]

FYI … doctors don’t know all … do you think this doctor would advise you that fermented whale is healthy? :ponder:

The mold in the food is the one that damages your liver. Given Taiwan’s humidity/temperature/storage conditions… mold is quite likely. However, then you have the question: you are a chief baker in a 5 star hotel. You open a bag of premium Belgian chocolate - :wink: - and it is gone … funky. At lest, it doesn’t look right. Would you still use it in say, 80 nt chocolate muffins or the chocolate dip fountain in the eat-all-you-can buffet?[/quote]

Not all mold … there is good mold too …

Chocolate can look if it’s gone bad … when it melted and than hardened again, the cocoa butter separates from the solids and re-crystallizes which makes it look bad, but it isn’t. You still can use it as an ingredient for baking or mousse …

Aren’t those 2 statements contradictory? :ponder: :ohreally:[/quote]
:bravo:
Silliest generalisation I’ve read today.

Aren’t those 2 statements contradictory? :ponder: :ohreally:[/quote]
:bravo:
Silliest generalisation I’ve read today.[/quote]

Unfortunately, Milka is quoting the spirit of the law… sigh