More kowtowing by companies who daren't call Taiwan a country

“Taiwan, Province of China” is vague in itself.

Taiwan technically claims to be part of Republic of China.

While the mainland claims Taiwan is part of the People’s Republic of China.

So that term is technically correct, but it doesn’t specify which China. Which sorta proves your point about Orwellian doublespeak.

I have always wondered how Taipei would react if one day the PRC decided to just drops “People’s” from their name, and re-adopting the ROC flag (of course, with the CCP remaining in complete power).

If 45 plays it right, Taiwan could be a country with its own identity.

Because no one gives a shit about Taiwan internationally and if you mention it in conversation at least 50% will think you just mispronounced Thailand

The US gives a shit about Taiwan. They might not care about the Taiwanese, but Taiwan is important.

I mean the US government cares about it but how many people are even aware of its exitance?
I get very dissappointed with the unironic “are you going to learn Thai” and “gonna check out the ladyboys, ey?” When I talk about this place with friends back home

Yeah, it’s disappointing. But is there a solution?

Says the poster who votes down marriage equality. Next!

O.o
I don’t know what you’re saying.
I’m entitled to my opinion

“Province of China” is deeply offensive. Surely we would at least merit being a “Special Autonomous Region.”

Given the non “autonomy” currently granted to such regions, I think I’ll pass on this one.

Guy