More shaving issues

To shave your armpits for love

• Yes
  • No
  • Find a lawyer

0 voters

Ah yes, once again the SO is requesting that I shave.
This issue keeps coming up every few years it seems.
Not that I’m especially hairy or anything like that.

But she wants me to shave my armpits.

Is this like a Micheal Phelp fetish or something… :loco:

Did she give a reason for her request?

I keep my armpits shaved. Serious. Less hair, less bacteria, less stink. All good. :thumbsup:

i started shaving mine when i came here to avoid the BO problem.

Since I always shave there, I can only say: do it. I don’t know any negative consequences… but it simply looks nicer, smells less, and if you don’t like it, just let your bush grow again…

But be aware, once you shave there, she’ll ask you to shave other regions as well :wink: But same as said above goes for there, too… plus some more advantages :smiley:

When I voted “yes”, I thought this was either a female thread or a unisex one. I really didn’t know guys shaved their armpits. Makes sense, though.

For the record, I shave mine! :lick:

Ditto.

Count me in with the armpit shavers.

Shave my armpits? Aiyo! That’s just pushing the gay-ness envelope a little too far (no offense to any alternative-lifestyle folks reading this). As for the BO issue, I have an alternative suggestion. Soap! Turn on the shower water, raise your arm, apply some soap to the affected funk area and scrub. The best cure for BO is called “hygeine.” Smart-assness aside, what specifically is she asking you to shave? If it’s a facial stubble, I can understand why. When they kiss you or rub their face against your’s, it’s like sand-paper (according to my girlfriend) and so she’s kinda anal about me shaving my face because most of us western guys are…well…hairy. I know the “stubble” look is “in” with men these days. All the male fashion models have the stubble. We have lots of body hair and we have the 5 o clock shadow at about 12:30pm. Most Azn guys have smooth bodies with little body hair, except for maybe on their legs and even if the women here have a “thang” for westerners, they still might want to keep your body “asian.” My girlfriend has never asked me to shave my chest hair or armpits or pubes and if she did, I would have to re-consider my relationship. Women who DO go for foreign guys, usually want the body hair as part of the overall “manliness” package. Asian women who don’t like body hair, generally have no interest in western guys. Maybe your girlfriend is somewhere in the middle. Wants the foreigner boyfriend but without the body hair.

To my eyes, thick tufts of coarse hair sticking out from armpits are a repulsive sight, no matter whether the armpits belong to a woman or a man; whereas a light growth of silky strands is pleasingly ornamental. If you have the former, shaving would surely be better than not; and if you have the latter, much better not to shave, irrespective of your gender.

The same applies to hair on other parts of the body below the neck.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]To my eyes, thick tufts of coarse hair sticking out from armpits are a repulsive sight, no matter whether the armpits belong to a woman or a man; whereas a light growth of silky strands is pleasingly ornamental. If you have the former, shaving would surely be better than not; and if you have the latter, much better not to shave, irrespective of your gender.

The same applies to hair on other parts of the body below the neck.[/quote]

For me, a hairy man is quite sexy, as long as his hair isn’t too dark. My hubby is a bit hairy, but he is also a blondie, and I love it.

I feel quite the opposite for ladies…hair-free is the best. Ornamental armpit hair on women? That’s an oxymoron! :smiley: Waxing and laser hair removal treatments are the best friends a lady can have.

[quote=“Indiana”][quote=“Omniloquacious”]To my eyes, thick tufts of coarse hair sticking out from armpits are a repulsive sight, no matter whether the armpits belong to a woman or a man; whereas a light growth of silky strands is pleasingly ornamental. If you have the former, shaving would surely be better than not; and if you have the latter, much better not to shave, irrespective of your gender.

The same applies to hair on other parts of the body below the neck.[/quote]

For me, a hairy man is quite sexy, as long as his hair isn’t too dark. My hubby is a bit hairy, but he is also a blondie, and I love it.

I feel quite the opposite for ladies…hair-free is the best. Ornamental armpit hair on women? That’s an oxymoron! :smiley: Waxing and laser hair removal treatments are the best friends a lady can have.[/quote]

Waxing fucking burns…My ex got me to try that instead of nair once. Let’s just say, we tried that on my chest and I was crying at work that night all night QQ

I think hairy men can be sexy if the hair is kept under control with some primping (not freakish primping like…braiding armpit hairs or the chest hair confined within a perfect 6x6 inch square in the middle of the chest).

But I do find men with extremely dense, dark, curly, crinkly, dense, coarse, black, long, thick curly hairs ALL over the chest AND back and when their arms are hanging at their side casually it’s like they’re hiding a piece of toupee in their pits disturbing.

It’s time to do some primping when one has visible body hair on their kneecaps, behind the knees, on the shoulders, in the crook of the elbow, and in the back of the elbows.

But if you’re not that hairy and your girlfriend wants you to shave your pits, that’s kind of strange. It’s effeminate, imho.

I guess you guys aren’t big Ron Jeremy fans.

Uh, no. His heyday’s over. Good to know he still has a fan out there though.

fans of big ron jeremy, or big fans of ron jeremy?

all my cyclist friends and team mates poke fun at me for not shaving my legs, but i wouldn’t know where to stop if i started, and besides, i’m not ashamed to be a hetero in a metro world.

[quote=“urodacus”]fans of big ron jeremy, or big fans of ron jeremy?

all my cyclist friends and team mates poke fun at me for not shaving my legs, but I wouldn’t know where to stop if I started, and besides, I’m not ashamed to be a hetero in a metro world.[/quote]

Good for you. :sunglasses:

Men shaving seems really effeminate to me.