More Sodomy fixation for Malaysia

What the hell is wrong with those people? Do they have no other slimy smear tactics to harass and discredit their opponents? What a surreal land. Makes Taiwan politics seem civilized.

[quote]Malaysia Opposition Leader Accused of Sodomizing Aide

Anwar Ibrahim, the leader of Malaysia’s resurgent political opposition, took refuge on Sunday in the Turkish Embassy in the capital, Kuala Lumpur, saying he feared for his security after an aide accused him of participating in homosexual acts.

The police in Malaysia said they would investigate allegations by the aide, Saiful Bahari, a 23-year-old campaign worker, that he had been sodomized by Mr. Anwar. Sodomy is described under Malaysian law as “carnal intercourse against the order of nature” and is punishable by up to 20 years in jail.

The accusation, similar to one that led to Mr. Anwar’s dismissal as deputy prime minister and jailing a decade ago, comes at a time of turbulence in Malaysian politics, with Mr. Anwar threatening to woo enough defectors from the ruling coalition to form his own government.

Mr. Anwar spent six years in prison for the 1998 sodomy case but was ultimately acquitted and released.

“Not again,” said Mr. Anwar, reached by telephone inside the embassy. “It’s a repeat of the same script.”

In March, Mr. Anwar led opposition parties to their greatest gains in the country’s history, winning control of five states, including some of the largest and wealthiest in Malaysia. More recently Mr. Anwar had been preparing to announce plans for a by-election that would allow him to run for Parliament and ultimately be eligible to be prime minister, a post he has long desired.

He was barred from running in the March election because of a court order related to the 1998 sodomy case. . . [/quote]
nytimes.com/2008/06/30/world … l?ref=asia

And another thing, if the allegations were true (which I have no way of knowing) that would presumably mean that some guy voluntarily enticed Anwar to sodomize him so he could then go report it to the press. Fucking weird.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]What the hell is wrong with those people? Do they have no other slimy smear tactics to harass and discredit their opponents? What a surreal land. Makes Taiwan politics seem civilized.

[quote]Malaysia Opposition Leader Accused of Sodomizing Aide

Anwar Ibrahim, the leader of Malaysia’s resurgent political opposition, took refuge on Sunday in the Turkish Embassy in the capital, Kuala Lumpur, saying he feared for his security after an aide accused him of participating in homosexual acts.

The police in Malaysia said they would investigate allegations by the aide, Saiful Bahari, a 23-year-old campaign worker, that he had been sodomized by Mr. Anwar. Sodomy is described under Malaysian law as “carnal intercourse against the order of nature” and is punishable by up to 20 years in jail.

The accusation, similar to one that led to Mr. Anwar’s dismissal as deputy prime minister and jailing a decade ago, comes at a time of turbulence in Malaysian politics, with Mr. Anwar threatening to woo enough defectors from the ruling coalition to form his own government.

Mr. Anwar spent six years in prison for the 1998 sodomy case but was ultimately acquitted and released.

“Not again,” said Mr. Anwar, reached by telephone inside the embassy. “It’s a repeat of the same script.”

In March, Mr. Anwar led opposition parties to their greatest gains in the country’s history, winning control of five states, including some of the largest and wealthiest in Malaysia. More recently Mr. Anwar had been preparing to announce plans for a by-election that would allow him to run for Parliament and ultimately be eligible to be prime minister, a post he has long desired.

He was barred from running in the March election because of a court order related to the 1998 sodomy case. . . [/quote]
nytimes.com/2008/06/30/world … l?ref=asia

And another thing, if the allegations were true (which I have no way of knowing) that would presumably mean that some guy voluntarily enticed Anwar to sodomize him so he could then go report it to the press. Fucking weird.[/quote]

I doubt it’s true. These same tricks were tried in 1998 when Mahathir (whose fierce anti-Semitism and anti-West rhetoric makes it suprising that some weak-minded liberals see Malaysia as the face of moderate Islam :unamused: ) sacked him from his position. Given the poor showing of the UMNO in the recent elections, it seems they are up to their same old nasty tricks.

And another thing, I suspect that any persons so fixated on another person’s alleged sexual practices that they would hound him, hunt him down, arrest him, prosecute him, slander him, make public condemnations of him, and spend years of devoted efforts fixated on that person’s sexuality, are pretty clearly repressing their own sexual desires.

He took refuge in the Turkish embassy. End of case, he’s clearly GUILTY!

So just how many heads have the Malaysians lopped off to date? You know, while following Mahatir’s “fierce” anti-Semitism?

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]

So just how many Yid heads have the Malaysians lopped off to date? You know, while following Mahatir’s “fierce” anti-Semitism?

HG[/quote]

[quote=“Mahathir at the 57-nation Islamic summit in 2003”]

Dr Mahathir told the meeting of Islamic leaders in Malaysia on Thursday that “Jews rule this world by proxy”.

He accused Jews worldwide of “getting others to fight and die for them” and called on Muslims to fight back with their brain and brawn. [/quote]

brawn
–noun 1. strong, well-developed muscles.
2. muscular strength.

Just think it’s entertaining that Indonesia and Malaysia always get grouped together as being the moderate face of Islam. Did you hear Megawati’s response to Mahathir in 2003?

One of my former colleagues in Malaysia who is a homosexual and thus moved around in those circles told me to have met some guys that claimed to have had sex with Anwar.

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]

So just how many Yid heads have the Malaysians lopped off to date? You know, while following Mahatir’s “fierce” anti-Semitism?

HG[/quote]

[quote=“Mahathir at the 57-nation Islamic summit in 2003”]

Dr Mahathir told the meeting of Islamic leaders in Malaysia on Thursday that “Jews rule this world by proxy”.

He accused Jews worldwide of “getting others to fight and die for them” and called on Muslims to fight back with their brain and brawn. [/quote]

brawn
–noun 1. strong, well-developed muscles.
2. muscular strength.[/quote]
Doesn’t answer the question, does it?

another country i refuse to go to for politial reasons. there’s quite a list of them in asia now: malaysia, indonesia, china, burma, singapore, pakistan, afghanistan, iran, iraq, etc.

they can get along quite well without my money, thank you very much.

i’d rather put my money into a place like thailand or japan or even palau.

funny how many of them are islamic countries, eh? what is it about that religion that allows such shenanigans in their politics? or is it the fact that they are avowedly non-secular places, so that the religion tends to dominate (and therefore pervert) their politics? now this just hasn’t happened in a place like turkey, where religion was purposely kept out of politics by Kamal Ataturk just over 100 years ago, and look at the progress that Turkey has made since then. Turkey is, despite its few failings in the rural ethos, the most advanced and progressive and most developed country with a Muslim majority, with perhaps the exception of the gulf oil states who are just happily rich from sitting on an unfair amount of oil. (contrast Saudi and Kuwait, oil rich, with Yemen, oil-poor but an otherwise similar tribal structure and history)

Rascal, I’d also heard the same from gay folks in Malaysia. Not that I in anyway condone outing someone’s sexual preference for the sake of politics, mind you.

Urodocaus, If I were going to blackban a country for it’s filthy politics, the Thais would be high on my list, unfortunately.

And Chewy, so that’s not one Jew you know of that was done in by a Malaysian? Geez, “fierce” stuff, eh? Damn those soft talking liberals all to hell (whoever the hell this united group so worthy of such despise may be, of course).

HG

anwar must have slept with tom cruise. that kind of news does get around, and fast, in all the right circles. who cares about his sex life except politicians of the ilk of Mahathir who were shit-scared of having the crown passed on to another? if we a ccept that kind of political influence, the next thing we’ll be seeing is Abu Bakar Ba’ashir running Indonesia and the mass bombing of all western interests anywhere in asia.

thailand has its troubles politically, agreed, but i dont think they’re any worse than the philippines or india or pretty much the whole of the rest of asia. i need SOMEWHERE to holiday in Asia, for pete’s sake.

:laughing:

I’m all for playing up India’s woes. I have no intention of going back there at this point in my life. Come to think of it, Chewy, they’re not too fond of your circumcised friends either and often mouth of rather"fiercely" against Israel to the glee of the home crowd too. Perhaps we can agree on something?

HG

Hey, why are all you blokes tapping your feet like that?