Moscow Mitch

I’m not posing as anything. I’m not giving out personal info. I am from the north east. I didn’t say I was American

1 Like

I’m only asking you to confirm that you’re a US citizen.

The US just went through a time where our President was accused of colluding illegally with Russians. I don’t see how it helps the US to hold discussions with foreigners like yourself, who are frankly more than a little dodgy about your citizenship.

Best of luck.

Hmm. I’m still skeptical. I need to see more info. It seems to me the Steele Dossier is being used by the Republicans as a diversion tactic. It might be something to look into, but that seems to be all they want to talk about. This was seen in the Mueller Report testimony.

I’m still curious about mcconnell. He is the one who wants more dark money in politics.

Do you think Russia is finding him in any way.

People are going to jail. That’s problematic as it seems like Trump is a tyrant, it is what it is.

1 Like

Fair enough. I get that your country is going through a tough time. I didn’t mean to mislead you. I am Canadian. From the north eastern part of North America. I responded to your question about what area I was from.
I still don’t see how it is relevant where I’m from. I’m an avid follower of North American politics and have studied some in school. But I will respect your wishes not to discuss with me

There is nothing odd about Americans and/or Canadians --who are obviously affected by the decisions the US government makes–wanting to know if US top ranking politicians are compromised to foreign interests.

Is there anything more un-American or cowardly than stifling a truthful line of inquiry by claiming that only certain people can participate? Weak, and again the people with something to hide questioning those who want to know what’s really going on.

Apparently you have to be an American citizen and prove it to certain people in order to be lied to nowadays. There is no reason you should be asked personal information in this discussion.

Perhaps I’m asking the wrong person.

So you have anything to add to the discussion?

1 Like

As long as McConnell is crawling around on the Senate floor they’re screwed!

1 Like

Looks like he might not be around much longer. Mitch McConnell is the most unpopular Senator in the Senate

1 Like

But Fox News tells me there was no Russian interference, and surely they wouldn’t lie?

2 Likes

It’s a Mitch thread!

1 Like

Nice! Now waiting for the opportunity for one or two more Supreme Court picks :heart_eyes:

But mitch needs to follow protocol… He can’t appoint a supreme court justice in an election year

Are you talking about this?

pirates-of-the-carribean-meme

There’s no rush though, Trump already got Kav and Gorsuch. We can wait for the second term for two more picks.

2 Likes

I have no idea what was in the legislation and I don’t know that anybody posting here does either. If somebody has a link to the draft bill, please post it because it would be interesting to read through.

I do know it was drafted quickly and had near full support from the D in the House and near full opposition from the R so there needed to be something in it that wasn’t nearly as non-partisan as the press is reporting. However, that’s not the real issue here.

The real issue is that the IMMEDIATE STORY when McConnell blocked it was he obviously is a Russian plant, a Russian stooge, a Russian puppet - ‘anybody who disagrees with me is working for Russia’ is becoming as tiresome and empty as ‘anybody who disagrees with me is racist/Hilter/fascist’. You should easily be able to say it was a bad decision or a highly partisan ploy without assuming he is a traitor to his country.

2 Likes

To be clear, multiple bills have been blocked.
This article has links to many of the bills

1 Like

Nobody has said that here. I’m asking questions.

From the article posted above…
Chuck Schumer, took to the floor to note that not only has McConnell blocked numerous election-security bills, but he’s refused to have a debate on the topic, or even propose his own legislation. “I still don’t have a really clear idea why Leader McConnell is so adamantly opposed,” Schumer said, suggesting that it might be to avoid a tantrum from Donald Trump. “He has put nothing on the floor on elections.”

1 Like

The name of this thread is, literally, ‘Moscow Mitch’.

That bill lumps together a host of things only remotely related, limiting the ability to possibly pull out of NATO, establishing a new gov’t dept to…do gov’t office things and to take a swipe at Putin. I wouldn’t have voted for it as it’s not a serious bill.

Again, because Chuck Schumer pointed out that McConnell hasn’t proposed legislation that Schumer wants to see doesn’t make the latter a Russian agent. In fact, the fact that you’ve posted something I disagree with would make a reasonable person wonder who, in fact, is paying you to do so.