Most Addictive Sounds in the World

Recent tests by two firms show that the following are the 10 most addictive sounds (in the US anyway - they claim the world):

Top 10 Branded sounds:

1. Intel
  2. National Geographic
  3. MTV
  4. T-Mobile
  5. McDonald’s
  6. State Farm
  7. AT&T Ringtone
  8. Home Depot
    10 Palm Treo Ringtone

Top 10 Non-branded sounds:

1. Baby giggle
  2. Vibrating phone
  3. ATM / cash register
  4. “Star Spangled Banner”
  5. Sizzling steak
  6. ‘Hail to the Chief’
  7. Cigarette light and inhale
  8. “Wedding March”
  9. “Wish Upon a Star”
  10. Late Night with David Letterman Theme

I’d like to vote for the (wonderful) sound of flatulence and the sound of car tires peeling out (though it’s usually faked in movies).

http://www.fastcompany.com/article/the-most-addictive-sounds-in-the-world-advertising-neuromarketing

:loco: considering half the world hasn’t heard of it!

I don’t understand how “State Farm” is a sound that is addictive. Or, for that matter, how the Star Spangled Banner would be addictive. What, you don’t sing it for five minutes, and you start getting withdrawal symptoms like anxiety and cold sweats?

The “psssssht” when one cracks open a can of beer.

The bubbling of a bong.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]The “psssssht” when one cracks open a can of beer.

The bubbling of a bong.[/quote]
:laughing:

Gotta agree with those! :smiley:

Yeah ridiculous, it doesn’t include the sound of change falling from a slot machine, your partner moaning because you git it right for once, or the thrill of blipping the throttle on a fast sport bike. Screw 'em.

The sound of silence.

The bass line and cash register at the beginning of Pink Floyd’s “Money”. (Has to be more recognized than the Letterman theme?!?) :slight_smile:

I suspect not.

Boiling noodles. :lick:

One’s favorite cat’s purr.

:blush: Actually, I sing The Star Spangled Banner almost every morning. I’ve found that there’s almost no better way to get my reluctant riser of a young’un out of bed in the morning! And I’m actually not bad! :smiley:

Like one cannot ever forget daaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnncing quuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeen,

MASH theme song. I am not talking about the world, just myself. can’t find the ‘music only’ version.

non-branded farts and loud yarning :bravo:

Weird. I can’t place a single one of those “branded sounds.” Not one.
But skweeek! Skweeeeek! Skweek! Thoughph! … glug glug glug glug glug… chink! Schloooorp! Aaaaaaaah!
That’s the one that does it for me.

[quote=“sandman”]Weird. I can’t place a single one of those “branded sounds.” Not one.
But skweeek! Skweeeeek! Skweek! Thoughph! … glug glug glug glug glug… chink! Schloooorp! Aaaaaaaah!
That’s the one that does it for me.[/quote]
Less of your sordid midnight sessions with Iris please Mr. There are women and children present.

The sound of a log hitting the water.

I second that one, that’s one of the most joyful and relieving sounds known to modern man.

The intro to Stairway To Heaven or Hotel California.

The clicking of a bass reel as you wind in a 6 pounder
The call of a raven
The bugle of an elk on a frosty fall morning