Most chocolatey tasting milk in Taiwan

Anyone got a well researched opinion on the best tasting chocolate milk you can find in Taiwan convenience stores?

1 Like

@Dr_Milker
Is this in the range of your profession?

1 Like

In my professional view, adding anything to the frothy white goodness of my product is “tainting.” Although I do make an exception for coffee in a pinch.

2 Likes

They all have a weird aftertaste imo. Imei is the best whole milk I’ve tasted in Taiwan, but the Imei chocolate milk has a bad aftertaste.

And since it’s expensive in Taiwan, I just make my own. Fortunately I like Hershey’s chocolate syrup, which I can buy at Costco.

Best thread all week.:+1:

swiss miss is really good

Milo or Ovaltine. Chunky bits of powder that gives the milk enough of a chocolate taste without being sickly sweet like Nestle or Hershey’s.

" Ovaltine (Ovomaltine) is a brand of milk flavoring product made with malt extract sugar (except in Switzerland), and whey. Some flavors also have cocoa"

What’s your point? Cocoa is chocolate. Ergo, it’s chocolate mix.

1 Like

I-mei has chocolate milk at Family Mart. In terms of fresh chocolate milk, I think it’s pretty good.

I would love to know the proportion of milk to chocolate-flavored water in those drinks.

1 Like

It’s not cacao, it’s maltose with some cacao added. It’s like malz beer, which isn’t beer, it’s beer-ish.

Who. Cares. :roll_eyes:

So what?? The thread title asks for “the most chocolately tasting milk in Taiwan”. The Ovaltine and Milo make milk that tastes like chocolate.
You have no point.

1 Like

Just tastes like malt to me…

1 Like

Meh. You don’t even like the stuff in the first place.

1 Like

Not the chocolate ones, as was mentioned :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I make my own. With milk and chocolate.

1 Like

I tried to make my own once by melting down dark chocolate and pouring it into milk when I was a kid. It just looked like ass.

What did it taste like?