Most chocolatey tasting milk in Taiwan

It was about 20 years ago. But basically chunks of soggy chocolate floating in milk.

1 Like

Must have left quite an impression. :hushed:

1 Like

For all the wrong reasons. I think I ruined my dad’s sauce pan.

Imei is alright
And if you have the right chocolate, you can make it at home but without :banana:ing up like @DrewC

That’s where the knowledge comes in. You need to use real chocolate, with cacao butter. Not earwax.

Yes. I used earwax. Good one.

2 Likes

One thing doesn’t add up with chocolate milk drinks, it’s cheaper than milk. Meaning the cacao powder or substitute isn’t really of a high quality and probably other ingredients are added to make it taste smooth.

And a double boiler doesn’t hurt.

As someone pointed out before it’s probably more water than milk. I have also thought of this before. Even those that look like they should be milk, like those 1 liter bottles, must have some real cheap shit. Milk powder + water + chocolatey flour + plasticizer?

Chocolate goes through that state, first the milk gets warm chocolate melts and falls into small bits, milk gets warmer to around 75-80 C and the bits start melting, keep stirring until the milk starts ‘boiling’ (foaming), turn off and keep whisking. Smooth chocolate milk results.

1 Like

Chulu milk is pretty good for taiwan milk without getting ultra local stuff. I avoid most brands here but theirs is alright.

You can buy cacao powder in real grocery stores (often called food supply/“wholesale” shops). Its like 500 a kg, perhaps not th most morally spurced mind you. Taiwan grows cacao fairly successfully for over a decade, but its a fad now still so insanely expensive.

My wife bought a tin of powder that had no sugar at rt mart. I think it was hersheys. Add that to a nice creamy non sweet milk. Then add sugar to taste. Easy, fast, supplies available everywhere. Local sourced also very available.

I love my cold chocolate milk with wonton noodles! Greatest meal ever!
I’m a third culture kid you see and this is an example of my diet.

Culture-mixing = slop.

Can you possibly stop human histories such as migration, travelling, colonialism and slave trade of both the past and present???