Most Disappointing Team at the WC

Italy shouldnt royally suck, but the way they’ve been playing, i wouldnt put it past them, Slovakia have been a great disappointment in this wc, but anything can happen in the last game.

He shakes the hands of the players who allegedly back-stabbed him and let them play, but doesn’t shake hands with the opposing coach? He probably deserves all what’s being thrown at him after all.

[quote=“fruitloop”]As far as football’s concerned, within Europe, it’s Germany all the way - and although it’s strictly on the pitch, it’s far more serious. More like a Scottish/English, Canadian/US, Australia/New Zealand chip on the shoulder relationship, I hate to say it.

All the same, two world wars and one world cup. Not to mention an unbeaten record in the World Cup Final.[/quote]

So… when I show up at On Tap tonight to cheer the English team, does that mean I should try to do so incognito, or is wearing my Germany shirt OK? :astonished:

He shakes the hands of the players who allegedly back-stabbed him and let them play, but doesn’t shake hands with the opposing coach? He probably deserves all what’s being thrown at him after all.[/quote]

He does deserve it.
The French Football Federation will fire him very soon.

[quote=“olm”][quote=“fruitloop”]As far as football’s concerned, within Europe, it’s Germany all the way - and although it’s strictly on the pitch, it’s far more serious. More like a Scottish/English, Canadian/US, Australia/New Zealand chip on the shoulder relationship, I hate to say it.

All the same, two world wars and one world cup. Not to mention an unbeaten record in the World Cup Final.[/quote]

So… when I show up at On Tap tonight to cheer the English team, does that mean I should try to do so incognito, or is wearing my Germany shirt OK? :astonished:[/quote]

I didn’t notice you getting any trouble. It’s nothing mean spirited, it’s just we’d love to beat you in a crunch game once in a while.

It’s sport.

He shakes the hands of the players who allegedly back-stabbed him and let them play, but doesn’t shake hands with the opposing coach? He probably deserves all what’s being thrown at him after all.[/quote]

He does deserve it.
The French Football Federation will fire him very soon.[/quote]

I thought he was already replaced before the worldcup, they just wanted him to finish his campaing, or?

Latest best joke in France:

During a divorce, a kid is being questioned by the judged:
“-Do you want to live with your dad?
-No! My dad beats me.
-Do you want to live with your mom?
-No! My mom beats me.
-Then… Who do you want to live with?
-With the French team. They never beat anyone!”

Italy just made a big step in joining France in the Hall of Shame. 0-1 for Slovakia…

Nothing is more shameful or disappointing, if the hand of frog wasn’t bad enough, he wouldn’t even shake the hand!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDrq1SM9f_o

ITALY OUT!! Bwahaha

So the champion and the finalist of 2006 both finish at the bottom of their group. Who would have predicted that?

[quote=“Dougster”]Nothing is more shameful or disappointing, if the hand of frog wasn’t bad enough, he wouldn’t even shake the hand!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDrq1SM9f_o
[/quote]
What a wanker.

Glad they finished last. Good thing they got out of the country right quick, otherwise their team bus would surely have been highjacked, the lot of them robbed and left standing on the side of the road in their undies.

Disgraceful. :raspberry:

[quote=“Nuwanor”]ITALY OUT!! Bwahaha

So the champion and the finalist of 2006 both finish at the bottom of their group. Who would have predicted that?[/quote]
I was surprised by that. Really thought they would beat Slovakia.

Italy has been more disappointing than France, I think. In a group with Paraguay, Slovakia and New Zealand, they manage to finish last with a total of two points…

Just look at the world rankings:

Italy 5 – Paraguay 31 – Slovakia 34 – New Zealand 78

France 9 – Uruguay 16 – Mexico 17 – South Africa 83

France’s wasn’t exactly the “Group of Death” either, but they definitely had more potent opponents plus the team with the home advantage.

Now let’s see if Spain is able to top the embarrasment of the above two losers.

Spain 2 – Chile 18 – Switzerland 24 – Honduras 38 (granted, this group is a bit tougher than the other two above)

I picked Chile to win tonight, and the chances are Switzerland will beat Honduras. It’s very likely that Spain will be going home tomorrow.

Seems the story of this world cup may just be about Latin American brilliance and European “powerhouse” bumbling. :idunno:

I picked Chile to win tonight, and the chances are Switzerland will beat Honduras. It’s very likely that Spain will be going home tomorrow.

Seems the story of this world cup may just be about Latin American brilliance and European “powerhouse” bumbling. :idunno:[/quote]

The game between Spain and Switzerland was a fluke after all.

The Spaniards ARE that good, and the Swiss are just mediocre.

[quote=“hannes”]The game between Spain and Switzerland was a fluke after all.

The Spaniards ARE that good, and the Swiss are just mediocre.[/quote]

What what does that say about the French and Italian teams then?

Only 6 European teams have made it past the first round.

Seems the story of this world cup may just be about Latin American brilliance and European “powerhouse” bumbling. :idunno:[/quote]

The game between Spain and Switzerland was a fluke after all.

The Spaniards ARE that good, and the Swiss are just mediocre.[/quote]
You are quite right, of course. But I thought the Curse of the European Powerhouses was going to strike again.

Ah well, so much for that idea.

That Italy-Slovakia game was awesome. Exciting last 20mins with lost of goals and tension.

‘They get away with murder’ LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwQ80x2MrG8&feature=player_embedded

keano, yeah what a great manager, ummm, yeah.

I’m still miserable England is out. :raspberry: