Most of my Office files vanished when I upgraded to Win XP!

[quote=“gary”]Finally a post by someone who knows something about file recovery. :slight_smile:

There are what seem to be professional grade file recovery apps. Those are usually at least a few hundred US dollars.

It’s very possible the files are still there and mis-placed. There are Microsoft KB (knowledgebase) articles about missing files after an upgrade. For instance, if the files don’t follow XP naming conventions (like the path would be longer than 255 characters), they’ll be moved around. Look into those.[/quote]

The presence of the smiley, while somewhat ameliatory, doesn’t entirely preclude positioning one’s self as a smugly arrogant cunt, though, does it??
I mean, really?

[quote=“the chief”]The presence of the smiley, while somewhat ameliatory, doesn’t entirely preclude positioning one’s self as a smugly arrogant cunt, though, does it??
I mean, really?[/quote]
Sir, the chief,

I haven’t been on this forum long, but I have read the rules thoroughly, and I am quite sure that it is not acceptable to use such language. Even if this member has offended you. Try to imagine how he must be feeling right now?

A.T.

I’ll say that I do not share the attitude of many IT people who call users stupid. Computers are stupid for being hard to use.

[quote=“the chief”]The presence of the smiley, while somewhat ameliatory, doesn’t entirely preclude positioning one’s self as a smugly arrogant cunt, though, does it??
I mean, really?[/quote]
Ah yes, now I remember why I had missed the chief’s posts so much. Such a command of the English language! Although it appears he learned it from Oxford-educated sailors. :laughing:

Honestly, though, I thought Irishstu’s advice was quite helpful, as usual.

[quote=“TPFKAT”][quote=“the chief”]The presence of the smiley, while somewhat ameliatory, doesn’t entirely preclude positioning one’s self as a smugly arrogant cunt, though, does it??
I mean, really?[/quote]
Sir, the chief,

I haven’t been on this forum long, but I have read the rules thoroughly, and I am quite sure that it is not acceptable to use such language. Even if this member has offended you. Try to imagine how he must be feeling right now?

A.T.[/quote]

Uhh, beats me…like a cunt?