Most Recommended posts list

Maybe it exists somewhere and I just don’t see it, but how useful would it be if there were a link to the posts that got the most “Recommended” votes? Usually such posts are informative, and it could be a help to people just learning about Taiwan.

Top right.

Sponsors - FAQ - Recommendations - Logout

Edit: Oh wait, I see what you mean. You can’t see the most recommended POSTS. :ponder:

It would cool to have that feature, I agree.

However… one might find that most recommended posts tend to be snarky comments. Many are insightful. Few are helpful to newbies.

Well, we should just kindly point out that “recommended” is for posts that we would recommend someone to read due to their high quality of information. I don’t think it will take much enforcement, people could still recommend posts they find funny, we just need enough people to consciously recommend high information posts that those posts get the highest number of recommends. Then a funny post with two or three recommends won’t make the list. Though if it does become “The funniest posts of Forumosa” well, I suppose that has some value as well. :wink:

It doesn’t seem to exist, and I agree that it would be nice to have a list of the posts that have garnered the most attention.

I’ve posted a question on the phpBB website asking for help in how to generate such a list. Let’s cross our fingers that a solution will be posted soon If you or someone you know who is familiar with phpBB3 and mySQL calls can help, pls PM me.

Sometimes, regularly generating lists like that draw down alot of server resources. I believe this is why there is no more 24 hour posts page, and instead we have an Active Topics page (these days, Forumosa generally sees activity in about 100 topics a day, which includes over 350 posts a day or approximately 1 post every 4 minutes). If we were using the old 24 hour posts page, the speed of the entire server would be affected. Well, at least, this is what I think is the reason - I remember the 24 hour posts page was a very popular part of the old phpBB2 software we used to use

It doesn’t seem to exist, and I agree that it would be nice to have a list of the posts that have garnered the most attention.[/quote]
I was wrong. This list very much does exist!
It is the Tops link (between Blog and Tips) :doh:
toplist.php

Obviously, it isn’t very obvious.

It doesn’t seem to exist, and I agree that it would be nice to have a list of the posts that have garnered the most attention.[/quote]
I was wrong. This list very much does exist!
It is the Tops link (between Blog and Tips) :doh:
forumosa.com/taiwan/toplist.php

Obviously, it isn’t very obvious.[/quote]

Ah so it is, perhaps it should be changed from “Tops” to “Top posts” or something? Anyway, thanks! :thumbsup: