Motorbike boots (non-poofy)

Anyone know a good place in Taipei or Hsintien with a decent selection of bike boots? I’m not looking for huge gnarly motocross boots, nor yet those silly coloured pixie boots. Just a solid pair of black bike boots with a bit of shin protection and crush-resistant ankles.
Cheers muchly!

Bump! Come on guys, don’t make me buy online. Although I kind of like the look of these ones for under US$100:

Can you get these or similar here in Taiwan?

and i thought you wanted something non-poofy?

no, i don’t know.

custom made?

Buy them? Getting boots is part of the initiation into my scooter gang. You need to ride down a motorcyclist, beat him senseless and steal his boots.

Anyway, do you think you can handle real boots? They can bring out the inner fascist in a chap? You may find yourself striding about, striking your inferiors with a riding crop, and threatening people with relocation to the East.

[quote=“urodacus”]and i thought you wanted something non-poofy?

no, i don’t know.

custom made?[/quote]
Hmmm. A bit – no – a LOT too Village People for my taste there, Urodacus!

Sorry, Sandman, i was trying to find something that had the same degree of non-poofiness you seemed to refer to in your OP. :laughing:

personally, i’d get some Gaernes or Sidis like this, (though these are neither of those brands)

[quote=“sandman”]
Hmmm. A bit – no – a LOT too Village People for my taste there, Urodacus![/quote]

You could ask if they’d throw in a matching Brando studded biker cap for free with those boots. :laughing:

Yea? Well with the boots sandman wants they should throw in a free pair of skis.

theres a bike shop on Keelung rd south of Xinyi that has some boots and up on Minquan and Chengde

Check them out not sure of the poofiness of them

You can laugh. But if you saw the 7-inch scar on my shin and saw the globules of nerve-endings and fat they debrided off the cut before they stitched it, you’d possibly think again.

You can laugh. But if you saw the 7-inch scar on my shin and saw the globules of nerve-endings and fat they debrided off the cut before they stitched it, you’d possibly think again.[/quote]

You’re just a sissy in a frock. Real men don’t moan about chaffing. Stitches? Pah! Boots? Hu! I’d wear flip flops!

Real men drive cars anyway, and spit betel nut in the faces of bikers!

Here are some biker smilies for ya! :banana: :yay: :hubba: :rainbow:

Huh! Fat of use YOU people are. Anyway, I went through my boot cupboard and found these

and these

So I guess they should cover most eventualities.

they’re not black enough. are you gay or summat?

nice walking boots though. the goretex lining should help on the wet days ahead. i always find that goretex boots are great for a while but the liner soon starts leaking and then they’re worse than a pair of well oiled leather boots. bet too use em up while they’re still waterproof, then.

Yeah, the old Gore-Tex or PTFE tape as its known in the plumbing trade is destroyed by oil and acid rain, so they don’t tend to last too long in Taiwan especially. I have been through a few now. I wear walking boots on my manly motorcycle and I end up with soaking feet because of the opening at the front. They are nowhere near as good as specific use boots, but better than nothing. Unless of course you can ride with nothing on your feet, then you have no socks to get wet. Flip flops my man, I’m telling you. Its the ‘in’ thing and Sanchong, Taipei just hasn’t caught up yet.

What about this lovely pair? I don’t recognise the machines they’re riding, but clearly there can be nothing camp about Kaohsiungs finest.

Those police officers make a change from the very popular sloppy officers I see almost everywhere that don’t wear standardized shoes or boots and go around in all sorts of getups. Why is it that most officers can’t get a shirt and jacket that fits either? I thought uniform was supposed to be a thing of pride in most government institutions. Apparently not the Taiwan police force though. Those horse back riders a re a first in my book.

Well. whatever turns you on, I suppose. :unamused:

There used to be a bike club (maybe it’s still there) on Fuhsing in between Heping and Hsin Hai. A few years ago i bought a pair of non-poofy ordinary leather boots with shin protections and steel sole plate and heel padding. All black with long hidden side zip and velcro. Didn’t look like motorbike boots. I remember then costing the equivalent of 100 quid at the time. They’re actually still in taipei somewhere. Size ten.

Somewhere? Where? That’s my size. Think, man, THINK!

Wasn’t (isn’t) that big bike club on Hsinsheng near Ren Ai?

HG