Motorcycle Around Taiwan in One Day

Guy rides around Taiwan daily for 37 days. My ass and lower back hurt just thinking about it. Wonder if he listened to podcasts.

1 Like

Maybe wore padded cycling shorts.

1 Like

Talk about badass. That man has buns of steel. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Enough money and nothing else to do?

3 Likes

Obviously wanted to make some sort of record . And its pretty impressive…that he didn’t get killed in those 37 days and 37 trips around taiwan on a moto !!

PRoves that you CAN do a circuit around Taiwan on a moto in a day, but WHY would you?? I certainly wouldn’t… defeats the purpose.

Apparently the world is not flat and Taiwan is just a rock in the Pacific ocean.

The island has great infrastructure now which has made the island much much much smaller.

In the days before Twitter and Youtube , yes a MILLION years ago we had:

1. no freeway and highway 1 took 4 hours average to get to Taichung and another 4 to get from there to Tainan and another 90 mins to get to Kaohsiung from Tainan. Almost ten hours of driving (done that).

2. East Coast:
    there was no Ping Hai public road to Fulung…fulung had this tiny road you could do but it was all gravel and hardly anyone went there by car, some motos did though (today the jeep crowd would totally love it).

There was no train to hualian but there was a narrow guage railroad from there to Taitung,took about 4 hours if i recall correctly…or maybe it was six hours…forgot…been on it once.

There was no South Bend train from Taitung to Pingtung.

The west coast had no electrification and the top train the ChuKwang took about 8 hours to Kaohsiung from Taipei, while the fastest train the non airconditioned Ku wang (IIRC) took six hours. I remember hanging my head out the window on that train to feel the air rush by,it was so fast…by the standards of the day. The ChuKwang usually plods on at 60kph or so.

And it took about 3 and a half hours by govt bus to Kenting from Kaohsiung. There was a bus each hour in the day time hours, NO late buses or anything like that.
ON mostly two lane past Pingtung. As a young kid I thought that must be what the road to Tierra Del Fuego was like …It felt like going almost to the end of the world then.

Those were the days !

Taiwan is very different today in so many ways.

Those were the days !

4 Likes

He already did it before 31 laps in 31 days. 37,000km he covered he said and it cost him 100,000nt, sleeping only 3 to 4 hours a day.

Well he doesnt have to work for a living i guess :slight_smile: Too much time and money , have moto will travel ! And the pandemic means no overseas travel.

So in Taiwan you can ride around the island as many times as you can do it or take flights to nowhere and come back from nowhere or flights that don’t even take off !

I’m sure that does wonders for his driving skills :roll_eyes: