Motorcycle helmet almost took me out

have you seen his many motorcycle videos??? great vids but shocking and scary stuff !!! the traffic and the chances our man takes?? whew !!! My cat watches the computer screen sometimes and even HE got scared with that stuff. :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]

I think if I did a ā€œCanyon Riding With Bubba at Nightā€ video Iā€™d be banned, beaten, tarred and feathered and then deported.

I didnā€™t see anything particularly dangerous with Moā€™Dethā€™s riding, I agree with him that sometimes riding faster than the flow of traffic is safer. He has a bad habit of never wanting to be passed which is a hormonal Speed Racer thing that fades with experience and confidence (I was the same way and am still that way on the open country roads).

Only negative thing I have to say is the roads he chose to video tape were freaking boring.

I have had to dodge a few stray helmets too. And, on two occasions, I have had to dodge centerstands that have fallen off scooters in motion.

I am amazed at how many people are too cheap to spend a few hundred dollars to replace essential components like brakes, tires, and little springs and screws that hold their scooters together. Scooters are amazingly cheap to maintain, there are scooter shops every block or two, so there is no excuse whatsoever for anyone to ride such junk.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s just me, but our local traffic seems to have become ten times more dangerous than before. On Tuesday there was a fatal scooter accident. Yesterday I saw the aftermath of another scooter-car accident. The scooter was stuck underneath the engine of the car. I just wonder what happened to the driver.

Where is Mordeth, anyway? Hope he didnā€™t wipe out.

ya for sure im too chicken scared to ride a moto or scooter in Taiwan and i wouldnt allow my girlfriend to ride on one either. JUst toooooooo dangerous.

very sad to see people killed on them

[quote=ā€œStianā€]They should ishue fines for helmets the wrong way and for not using or did not tighten the strap good enough.
They should do the same for helmets that donā€™t fitt and for using wrong helmets.
I see all the time people using helmets from construction work or something.

P.S Mothers with 3 children with no helmets on one motorbike should be informed that if she do not take proper care off the children there is a lot off couples around that canā€™t have children on there own that would be happy to take good care off them.

If annyone know how to say ā€œhey bitch! I donā€™t care WTF hapends to you, but atleast put a helmet on your kidā€ I would be happy to learn.[/quote]

we need 40,000nt fines for everyone who rides without a proper helmet. basically 40,000nt fines for everything :slight_smile:
the govt will get enough money to finance all the upcoming MRTs in various cites, plus buy the subs from the USA at inflated prices and line every officials pockets too??? not bad eh??? just dont be on the wrong side of the law

[quote=ā€œBubba 2 Gunsā€]

I think if I did a ā€œCanyon Riding With Bubba at Nightā€ video Iā€™d be banned, beaten, tarred and feathered and then deported.

I didnā€™t see anything particularly dangerous with Moā€™Dethā€™s riding, I agree with him that sometimes riding faster than the flow of traffic is safer. He has a bad habit of never wanting to be passed which is a hormonal Speed Racer thing that fades with experience and confidence (I was the same way and am still that way on the open country roads).

Only negative thing I have to say is the roads he chose to video tape were freaking boring. [/quote]

What roads would you suggest? Americans find the average city road with traffic the most interesting to watch. Iā€™m guessing you think the beautiful mountain roads are more ā€œinterestingā€ā€¦but treesā€¦treesā€¦and more treesā€¦gets old quick.

I donā€™t have a problem with being passedā€¦it just never happens. I once rode from Taipei to Kenting and back againā€¦and I counted how many times I got passedā€¦it was under 3. But thatā€™s not because I was trying to ā€œnot be passedā€ ā€¦ not being passed is just an after effect of the natural pace I set for myselfā€¦and I truly apologize if that sounds cocky. But whateverā€¦I have over 170 vids of me ridingā€¦and even when Iā€™m not riding fast and just chatting with the cameraā€¦Iā€™m not being passed. Itā€™s not deliberate.

If someone did pass me doing a rate of speed I felt uncomfortable withā€¦I wouldnā€™t pursue. And that does happen with the people who take bigger risks than I. But when someone does pass meā€¦and I do pursue themā€¦itā€™s not because I feel my manlyhood is being challengedā€¦itā€™s because Iā€™m happy to have found someone else as quick or quicker than I. My favorite people to ride with are people that are ā€œquickerā€ than me. Some of the guys at my bike shop are faster than meā€¦on almost any roadā€¦and I love the challenge of trying to keep up with them. I have no problems riding with people who are quicker than meā€¦my ego is stable.

Umm, thatā€™s about it. (I got unsubscribed to this thread somehowā€¦so thatā€™s ā€˜where I wasā€™ )

[quote=ā€œMordethā€][quote=ā€œBubba 2 Gunsā€]

Only negative thing I have to say is the roads he chose to video tape were freaking boring. [/quote]

What roads would you suggest? Americans find the average city road with traffic the most interesting to watch. Iā€™m guessing you think the beautiful mountain roads are more ā€œinterestingā€ā€¦but treesā€¦treesā€¦and more treesā€¦gets old quick.

I donā€™t have a problem with being passedā€¦it just never happens. I once rode from Taipei to Kending and back againā€¦and I counted how many times I got passedā€¦it was under 3. But thatā€™s not because I was trying to ā€œnot be passedā€ ā€¦ not being passed is just an after effect of the natural pace I set for myselfā€¦and I truly apologize if that sounds cocky. But whateverā€¦I have over 170 vids of me ridingā€¦and even when Iā€™m not riding fast and just chatting with the cameraā€¦Iā€™m not being passed. Itā€™s not deliberate.

If someone did pass me doing a rate of speed I felt uncomfortable withā€¦I wouldnā€™t pursue. And that does happen with the people who take bigger risks than I. But when someone does pass meā€¦and I do pursue themā€¦itā€™s not because I feel my manlyhood is being challengedā€¦itā€™s because Iā€™m happy to have found someone else as quick or quicker than I. My favorite people to ride with are people that are ā€œquickerā€ than me. Some of the guys at my bike shop are faster than meā€¦on almost any roadā€¦and I love the challenge of trying to keep up with them. I have no problems riding with people who are quicker than meā€¦my ego is stable.

Umm, thatā€™s about it. (I got unsubscribed to this thread somehowā€¦so thatā€™s ā€˜where I wasā€™ )[/quote]

you got 170 vids?? all on youtube? i saw some but where are the others?

[quote=ā€œtommy525ā€]

you got 170 vids?? all on youtube? i saw some but where are the others?[/quote]

PM sent.

Mordeth wrote:

I didnā€™t know that Americans were your target audience.

Coastal roads, the 106, Bei Yi, Road to Rui Fang, Road from Shaung Xi to Da Xi, Hwy 20, Hwy 9ā€¦ curves, curves and more curves are never boring. How about those two sick fuckers in Greece(from U Tube) on that crowded mountain road? That was amazing!

Iā€™m not trying to take anything away from you-at least you are getting out there and doing it and creating something.

Just giving you my 2NT.

[/quote]