Motorcycle Rental Shops List

Can not find under search and not sure where to post.

Does anyone have a list of shops that rent motorcycles? Names, phone numbers, addresses, etc. would help. Locations around the island would help also when in other cities.

I know of one so far:

• Ling Lu, 2518-5633, rents up to 1300cc sport bikes and cruisers, corner of Fushing Bei Lu and Minzu Dong Lu, Taipei

There’s some info for Taibei in this thread. I’ll move this over to the Cars & Motorcycles forum for you, too.

be very very careful of insurance provisions, and that you accept that you may be asked (forced) to pay in full for any damages, regardless of what you thought the insurance ‘waiver’ you paid for was all about.

Does anyone rent, uh, y’know, um…REAL WORLD 250 cc’s and under motorcycles?

I’d guess not, because demand would be low and accidents high compared to scooters, but I’d quite like to be able to compare the available machines without necessarily purchasing one. I think Bike Farm may have at one time, but apparently no longer.

Hello everyone,

I’m new here, about to come down to Taiwan at the end of the year and was wondering if any of you know where I can rent something above 150cc. Was thinking of perhaps a CBR 600. Any idea how much that would cost ?

Cheers

here is a link to a company
62.com.tw/n_menu2.htm

enjoy,
frans :happybiker:

I’ve not found any place that rents >150cc without an ARC or Taiwan ID card. Please post if you find differently.

Search function FTW.

Thanks Frans !

Manaula: That’s kinda strange since I figured that the bulk of their demand would come from expats, no ?

There is Western logic and there is chabudo.

[quote=“czs”]Hello everyone,

I’m new here, about to come down to Taiwan at the end of the year and was wondering if any of you know where I can rent something above 150cc. Was thinking of perhaps a CBR 600. Any idea how much that would cost ?

Cheers[/quote]

This sounds like an accident waiting to happen. You might want to get on a 150cc for a bit before you start even considering riding a 600cc in Taiwan. Even if you have been riding for 20 years and you are a outstanding rider, you need to get used to the traffic first.

I think starting with a bicycle on a river bike path may even be better, to get used to scooters and cars where they are completely forbidden. They get bolder where they are legal.