Mountain Climbing/Judo/Alternative Sports in Central Taiwan

Can anyone recommend a mountain climbing club that can take on absolute beginners? It’s something I’ve always wanted to do and seems a good way to burn my few hours a week of free time.

I live in Da Keng but anywhere between Zhanghua and Taichung City would be fine. Perhaps somewhere with an artificial climbing area?

Same request goes for Judo, or any martial arts discipline with plenty of sparring opportunities.

Beyond that, I’d love recommendations for activities out here that offer some excitement beyond basketball/baseball etc. but don’t need a load of expensive gear.

You lot are friggin useless!! Now drop and give me 50.

1…2…Ok that’s enough

Paragliding?

paraglidinginpuli.blogspot.com/
heart_of_taiwan

Fabulous. Do you know these guys or just a google search?

I have a Taiwanese scuba-diving friend who just put me in touch with a few mountain climbing/kayaking groups so I’ll update here when I’ve had a chance to try them out.

[quote=“MikeN”]1…2…Ok that’s enough

Paragliding?

heart_of_taiwan[/quote]

[quote=“llary”]Fabulous. Do you know these guys or just a google search?

I have a Taiwanese scuba-diving friend who just put me in touch with a few mountain climbing/kayaking groups so I’ll update here when I’ve had a chance to try them out.

[quote=“MikeN”]1…2…Ok that’s enough

Paragliding?

heart_of_taiwan[/quote][/quote]

Yeah, have known Malcolm -the web-site owner and developer of the take-off zone- for 15 years or so in Kaohsiung and Taidong.
Yuri, who I think is running the training, is a South African who’s been here for a few years- good people.

Told Malcolm the other day to get his lazy butt in gear and up-date his web-site:)