Moved to Taipei city - address change

After one moved from Taipei County to Taipei City, where should one go to change ones home address? (which is also printed on the ARC)

And can this be done by phone?

[quote=“Ectoplasma”]After one moved from Taipei County to Taipei City, where should one go to change ones home address? (which is also printed on the ARC)

And can this be done by phone?[/quote]

Go to your district office and register, can’t be done by phone to my knowledge. They’ll ask for some kind of proof that you live at the new address; a rental contract, telephone bill with the address, etc, should suffice.

If you just want to change the address on your ARC, you can go to the FAP and simply do it there. They’ll note it on the back of your ARC and seal it with a stamp.

Good luck!

[quote=“Ectoplasma”]After one moved from Taipei County to Taipei City, where should one go to change ones home address? (which is also printed on the ARC)

And can this be done by phone?[/quote]You need to go to the Immigration Agency office at 15 Guangzhou St, Zhongzheng District. They’ll need to amend the address on the ARC (by writing and chopping on the back). I guess they might ask to see some proof, such as a rental agreement or utility bill in your name.

Thanks for the info! :sunglasses:

(though, citizen k, I don’t know what the “FAP” is, and was a bit surprised when I Googled it… :laughing:)

Since January 1, 2007, most FAP duties have been taken over by the National Immigration Agency.

And spouses of citizens will only need a current printout of the household registration.

Right, jlick

I phoned them (FAP - foreign affairs police) and yes, I need to go over to their Guangzhou street 15 office

In fact, I went already today. But, I should have taken my passport, too (ARC, passport, proof of new address; I suppose that’s all they need)

For others: Guangzhou street 15 is a 2 minute walk from Xiaonanmen MRT station, exit 2…

And I think this office is only for those who move to / live at an address in Taipei City (not county).

With the Foreign Affairs Police you used to be able to go either to the office fo the place you were moving to or moving from. Now you need to go to the Immigration Agency, but it’s probably the same.

Brian