Movies That Make You feel Less Depressed After Watching Them

I can’t ever remember seeing a movie that made me want to fight. There have been times where I went to see a movie by myself feeling all depressed and came out feeling better. The most recent was when I went to Ximen Ding to see Contact. I don’t really care for Grodie Forster, but I went into the theater in a dark mood and left with a better outlook.

When I was a starving college student, the only movies I could afford were the US$1.50 second run ones and there was only one in town. So I didn’t have much choice. Movies that surprised me were Little Man Tate (another Gordy Froster movie) and Reversal of Fortune.

And then one movie that made me feel worse was One Flew Over the CooCoo’s Nest. I remember walking out of the theater and hearing one girl behind me say to her friend, “Now I fell like I’m crazy.” It is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Anything with Adam Sandler.

Damn, I can’t remember the name of this movie, but it made me want to leap out of my seat with joy after watching it. The one about the kid whose dad wants him to be a boxer, but he ends up becoming a ballet dancer. Oh, got it, Billy Elliot.

Great feel good movie.

Another warm tummy flick is The Full Monty. I saw this one in the theatre, and people were on their feet dancing in the aisles at the end.

And then there’s the one about the old fella that wins the lottery and dies, and his buddies try to claim the jackpot…eeeahhh…can’t remember the name…another Brit film though. Definately felt fuzzy and soft after that one.

That would be WAKING NED DEVINE.

And Rich, if you’re still into second runs, there’s one near the corner of Roosevelt and ShenSheng South Road.

The beauty of the cinema is that most decent movies make be feel better during and after watching them. Even in times past, when I’ve been depressed, movies have the power to completely transport me to the world of that movie for a couple of hours. I often feel a little disoriented at the end of a movie, with a brief “where am I, what time is it?” feeling similar to waking up. This is why a lot of cinephiles will always prefer the experience of the movies over DVDs.

Brian

Little House on the Prairie used to depress the crap out of me.

I’ll give you a hint…it has this memorable quote:

“Sorry Mum. You know I love you, but you drive me crazy. And you three, what a bunch of cocksuckers.”

[quote=“ImaniOU”]I’ll give you a hint…it has this memorable quote:

“Sorry Mum. You know I love you, but you drive me crazy. And you three, what a bunch of cocksuckers.”[/quote]

Dear ImaniOU,

I did a google search for “You know I love you, but you drive me crazy.” and found a lot of site’s offering lyrics for Queen’s song “Driven By You”.

Then I searched for “And you three, what a bunch of cocksuckers.” and found this site with quotes from the movie “Muriel’s Wedding”.

http://www.moviequotes.com/repository/titles/99098.html

Kobo-Daishi, PLLA.

Bowling For Columbine. If you haven’t seen this, you suck.

Papillon

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory rocks!

bowling for columbine should be mandatory viewing for every american… and taiwanese… and pretty much everyone else too… except those guys who live in the jungle in brazil… 'cos it’d probably just go way over their heads…

I will watch it if I can ever find it in the video store. I’m tired of sucking. It sucks when you suck.

No Rich, you don’t suck. Charlton Heston does, but not so much as Michael Moore.

Try Kazaa. But first watch his earlier fictiomentory, Roger and Me.

I can’t say it’s a movie but…

Watching New Zealand kick Australias ass in Rugby always makes me feel great.

Sorry to go off topic, I just like movies where someone gets a good ass kickin’.

Zulu (the 1964 movie) - awesome!!
Last of the Mohicans - makes you want to chop firewood.
Conan the Barbarian - gives me an uncontrolable urge to melt down
all the kitchen utensils and forge swords.

“Apocalypse Now”…the air assault on the Viet Cong village.

This is not the feel like fighting thread. I think the last two posts are in the wrong place. Unless you really love the smell of napalm in the morning.

hollywood Shuffle…

Animal House…

And that one with the cheerleaders from a couple of years ago. Oh yeah, Bring It On. That’s where George Bush got that line.