Moving JFRV from Keelung to Taipei - Need a New Card?

Hi,

We are leaving Taiwan in three weeks, and my husband just told me we are moving our household registration from Keelung to Taipei before we go. Will I need to wait for a new plastic card, seeing as we are moving areas? TIA.

You need to update your info within 15 days after moving.

If you keep your abode in Keelung, you do not need to do anything. If you give up your abode, i.e. terminate the rental agreement or sell it and hence mail can no longer reach you, you better register your new address with the NIA in Taipei. Other than that, there is no requirement for ROC spouse’s Hukou address to match the foreign spouse’s ARC address.

Hi

I have to move it. I’m more concerned about the time to process it once I put it in. Do they have to make a new card for me if I change cities?

A new card will be made for you, which means per standard procedure you will have to surrender your current ARC and receive a new one within 14 days. If you rather not be without any ARC during the processing time, tell the NIA officer that you will be traveling abroad in the meantime.

You can specify a different address than your arc address for it to be mailed to, that’s not a problem, as long as its in Taiwan I suppose.

Yep, they can mail it to you -but then you cannot complain if they make any mistakes in spelling, as they tend to do. Anyways, just get a stamped envelope at their Help desk, write your address and voila, you’re done.

[quote=“asiababy”]Hi,

We are leaving Taiwan in three weeks, and my husband just told me we are moving our household registration from Keelung (Jilong) to Taipei before we go. Will I need to wait for a new plastic card, seeing as we are moving areas? TIA.[/quote]
Just curious, how does that work with NHI payments? If you’re considered a Taiwan resident (i.e. you have an ARC), are you still on the hook for paying NHI premiums? I’ve not moved out of Taiwan yet, so I wouldn’t really know.

[quote=“scomargo”][quote=“asiababy”]Hi,

We are leaving Taiwan in three weeks, and my husband just told me we are moving our household registration from Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong) to Taipei before we go. Will I need to wait for a new plastic card, seeing as we are moving areas? TIA.[/quote]
Just curious, how does that work with NHI payments? If you’re considered a Taiwan resident (i.e. you have an ARC), are you still on the hook for paying NHI premiums? I’ve not moved out of Taiwan yet, so I wouldn’t really know.[/quote]

I hadn’t thought about NHI. I’m under my husband’s name for that. I’ll let you know what we find out.

I think you have to be six months resident to join the NHI again when you come back, sometimes they ask people to make up back payments (for time you were resident ).

I think you have to be six months resident to join the NHI again when you come back, sometimes they ask people to make up back payments (for time you were resident ).