Moving Offices and Work Permits

Hello! I am currently working at a company with a valid work permit (so, all legally and fine). My company plans to move offices, and I would like to ask if anybody knows what the procedures are for this. I have called some phone numbers and got the impression that they need to apply for a notification letter from the ministry of labor that will say my work location has been moved, but my doubts are:

1- How can I be sure that this is the process? Does anybody know where to check the original regulations? Preferably in Chinese
2- If they applied for the change in April 1, and it was approved on April 10, then we got the letter in April 12, does it mean I can’t work at my old office starting April 1, 10, or 12? What is one to do if one still doesn’t know the official confirmation, to avoid working in the wrong place without knowing it?

Thanks!

How far apart are the 2 locations? Is there some regulation that states that we have to get the change done?

I called the labour ministry and somebody told me that it is necessary to notify the change of location to the labour ministry and get a letter of confirmation before starting to work at the new place, but I was not referred to the specific laws, that’s what I hope somebody knows about.

1 Like

But I wonder how exactly is it tied to the company’s location? It’s not printed on the GC( simply says special professional). Is the company name and location printed on your ARC?. If my company changes locations from one building to another building right next-door ,do I need to go through this process?

it is because your work permit is not tied to your company. It belongs to you.

Usual work permit is tied to your company, and your work location is specified.

I didn’t find specific regulations mentioning on information update for white collar work permit, but is there any reason you don’t want to update the information of your work permit? The same application form for work permit can be used to update your information.

1 Like

Right. But if you are in working status, maybe they still need the work address updates on their system for GC holders? I don’t know, it’s unclear.

1 Like

I don’t think so. GC holder’s work permit is kind of an open work permit. You should report changes of your address, passport, name, etc., but NIA don’t care where you work while your card is valid, iiuc.

You may ask them when you would change your work place.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t answer the first question. They’re both in the same city, just not in the same district.

I didn’t find specific regulations mentioning on information update for white collar work permit, but is there any reason you don’t want to update the information of your work permit? The same application form for work permit can be used to update your information.

I am fine with it, it’s just it’s the first time the person doing it at HR does it, they have other responsibilities and I’m worried about an (involuntary) error, they are really good and competent, but I would like to help because it has happened before that there was a paperwork mistake with a less important thing, and I am afraid of ruining my life here because of paperwork.

So I am trying to figure out the regulations, what happens between application, approval, and then until I receive the letter, how can I track the application, etc.

is there any reason you don’t want to update the information of your work permit? The same application form for work permit can be used to update your information.

Sorry another question --> Your post reads as if we can do this ourselves. Is this the case?

ah. No. Your company HR do it, as they applied for your work permit.

Here you will find instruction videos for each

https://ezwp.wda.gov.tw/wcfonline/wSite/Control?function=IndexPage

btw, are you on GC? Did you tell it to NIA or WDA/MOL persons when you asked? And they said your work address change should be reported?

1 Like

I am on a normal ARC. I asked NIA and they told me I could update, but I seem to get from what they told me there was not a timeframe for the update.
As for WDA, I was told that before working in the new place I would need to get a letter from the MOL.

My main concern is --> Confirming I get the right document, and also
If application day is 1, approval of the change is 2, and time we receive the document is 3, can I still work at old place between 1 and 2? What about between 2 and 3? I am very scrupulous with the law and I want to make sure I do it right, since I know people that got into trouble for very small things, but I can’t find the regulations that I need to follow.

Unless you are very unlucky, it would not cause a problem, I guess. Your company already have your work permit, and what they should do is just an information update.

For example, if you renew your passport, it should be reported but it cannot be reported before you get your new passport. You cannot work before the information update will be completed? I don’t think so.

They need a revised company registration to update company address of your work permit, so I don’t think they can do it in advance.
Maybe they can add new address as your additional work address for a while before they change their registered address, and vice versa on the old address, if you really worry about it.

I’m assuming your work permit is for white caller job.

And if you need more certain answer, you may call to WDA again.

From what I read, this looks like something that could be done but is not an enforced requirement. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I am not sure. From what I got, for the NIA, I need to notify them of the information that is on the ARC within 15 days. For the rest there is not a time requirement (as far as I know), but still need to tell them at some point.