Moving to California... which city would you choose?

The weather in SF is weird. It’s my understanding that in the summer it gets extremely hot inland, causing the air to rise, causing all the fog to be sucked in from over the ocean, enveloping SF in fog, so it’s suprisingly cold and miserable in SF in the summer (but not inland, where it’s hot and sunny) and SF’s weather is actually better later on in the fall.

Just amazing really. Not like in Taiwan. SF has a microcosm weather wise. Its way cooler then the surrounding area in summer. It could be 41c in Concord and 15 miles or so south in Berkeley it could be 31c and another few miles south in SF it could be 20c !!!

Here near berkeley I have the heater on at nite and the aircon on during daytime. Today daytime reached bout 31c and now its down to bout 12c or so outside?

Aircon in the day and heater at nite? wierd huh?

And SF houses dont even have Aircon because it almost never gets hot enough to need one. August in SF can be plenty cool indeed.

Rental car for driving around California?

Contact Rent-A-Wreck (its just a name - they have excellent vehicles) and get a mid-late '60’s Cadillac convertible. Preferably pink or light blue.

You only get one chance to go around in style…:smiley:

Micro-climates. It’s quite fascinating.

Hmmm, I’m loosely planning a US roadtrip, and hell I’d like me that there car very muchee.

That weather stuff is way weird.

HG

That IS a great looking car for a road trip. Then all you need is. . .

and you’re all set to go. :slight_smile:

I’ll pass on the five sheets of blotting paper, but if you could fill the glove box with the rest, well I’d be happy.

Is it worth driving from NY to Cali? Hell I’m going to start another thread on this.

HG

and some petrol. but not in a huffing bag, HGC.

Not petrol in the huffer, no way . . . ether?

HG

What IS fireapple red, anyway? I’ve often wondered.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I’m watching all of this with some amusement. How the hell can the weather vary so greatly along such a skinny little stretch of land?

Anyway, my money’s on somewhere near San Diego, but I’ve never been to America.

HG[/quote]

It’s a big place. Compare it to undersized over achieving England :

http://countrysize.com/

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I’m watching all of this with some amusement. How the hell can the weather vary so greatly along such a skinny little stretch of land?

Anyway, my money’s on somewhere near San Diego, but I’ve never been to America.

HG[/quote]

It’s a big place. Compare it to undersized over achieving England :

http://countrysize.com/[/quote]

Would you just look at that! They do average penile dimensions, too! The Internet is truly a gift from god. Allahu Akhbar!

My sister lives in El Cerrito. Her next-door neighbors are in Albany across the county line. Her neighbors across the street live in Kensington. Two blocks away (past the Circus Pub) is Berkeley.