Moving to China

Ooohhh I’m so worked to death and not earning enough money here in Taipei, it’s making me seriously consider moving back to China.
My husband and I had a great quality of life there, even after all the Covid lockdowns (OK they’re still arbitrarily happening in my sh!tty former city that I called home). But we could at least take off our masks when we were walking around outside!

We even had a great music scene in Zhengzhou- plenty of rich musicians wanting custom-built guitars.
My husband bought an acoustic Eastman, it’s a great quality Chinese guitar. Eastman’s electric guitars are meant to be amazing too.
If you set up shop there, be prepared to bribe local officials and whatnot, and have a bit more difficulty because you’re not technically a local.
The music industry doesn’t seem great here in Taiwan… That being said, I don’t know how much longer the RMB windfall will last over there.

But, if we moved back to China, it would be either to ever-temperate Kunming or hot N spicy Chengdu. If Zhengzhou sorted out its air pollution (and not-so-random Red health codes) I’d live there again too.

3 Likes